two minutes

"Mujhe jaana hoga." Pallavi announced as she threw her phone into her large handbag.

"But Pallavi, tum abhi toh aayi ho." Raghav said, not even bothering to hide the disappointment in his voice.

"I know Raghav. But agar mein jaldi ghar nahi pahunchi toh bahut badi problem ho jayegi." She opened the door and had one foot out when she saw the look on Raghav's face.

The longing in his wide eyes was a clear reflection of her own. Unable to stop herself, she leaned over him and cupping his face, kissed him on the lips. His hands immediately gripped her shoulders then traveled down along her back. She relished in how warm his palms felt along her skin.

She broke the kiss with quivering lips and hung her head.

"Hey, kya hua?" Raghav quietly asked while running a hand through her hair.

"I'm tired Raghav." She rested her head against his chest and cuddled against him a little closer. "Na raat ko neend aati hai aur din mein toh sukoon milne se raha. I just keep waiting ki kab mein aisi hi tumhari bahon mein so sakun."

"Ghar lauta Pallavi. Uss Mandaar ko mein dekh lunga."

"Mein Aai ko kaise chod sakti hoon Raghav." She asked helplessly.

"Tujhe kisne kaha ki unhe chodne ki?" He lifted her face and spoke earnestly as a plan started to formulate. "Tum na Aai ko hospital le jaa. Say that she needs to get some tests done. Wahan se mein Aai kissi safe location shift kar dunga. Not that rest of the Deshmukhs deserve it, but unhe bhi kissi secure location bhej denge. Phir bas woh Mandaar rahega aur mein."

His eyes expressed a volcanic fury that would have shaken Pallavi to her core. But knowing that this anger was on her behalf made her fall in love with her husband just a little bit more. Cupping his face, she kissed him again.

"Parso. Mein Aai ko parso hospital le jaungi. Ek din kaafi hoga kya tumhare liye?"

Raghav nodded and wiped her tears. "It's more than enough."

Pallavi rested her head against his chest and hugged him once more. Though she knew she had to get back soon, Pallavi stole as many quiet moments as she could before she returned to her chaotic household.