The Forest of Nightmare & Haven

Eight bright moons had passed across the horizon of the earth

Eight bright moons had passed across the horizon of the earth. The earth of her body felt moved-shaken even. Every tender morning and night, every smile that crossed her face-his doing, every hour spent in each other's company changed her. Shifting her into someone who could finally experience peace.

Their time together brought her an inexpressible amount of joy. The sweet moments chased away the intrusive memory of the horrid nightmare that was so stubborn to evade her mind.
It was on that first day in the cottage that Erik proved to be able to silence her troubling thoughts.

Rising from the bath which had grown cold after much time spent daunting the meaning of her dreams, she reached for a towel sitting on a stool beside the tub

Rising from the bath which had grown cold after much time spent daunting the meaning of her dreams, she reached for a towel sitting on a stool beside the tub. She stepped out on the pink towel, so as to not wet the floor, then dried herself off, grabbed her robe, and let her hair finish drying in the towel.

From behind the bathroom door, she could smell breakfast cooking, making her empty stomach grumble. She opened the door and turned out of the hallway to the right where the kitchen was. Erik was dressed in plain clothes, something her father would have likely worn while working in the gardens. She'd never seen him wear anything like it, but the change was entirely charming. He was in a loose-fitted striped button-up with a short necktie, light brown cotton duck cloth pants, with matching suspenders, and black boots which he'd tucked the bottoms of his pants into.

He turned around,  hearing her come in.
His eyes glinted and a big smile formed across his face.

"Hi, my love. How was your bath? Was it pleasant?" He asked turning back to the stove where bacon was simmering and fluffy eggs sat on a plate on the countertop to the left.

"Very," Christine said, walking over to him and kissing his cheek. "Have you been outside?" she asked noticing some dirt on his shoes.

"Oh," he said looking down, " Yes,I have. I was foraging and found a bramble bush," Erik said excitedly, uncovering a bowl.

"Oooh, those look wonderful!" Christine remarked, admiring the glistening blue and red berries. "And it smells so good," she said turning her attention to the bacon on the stove, which he transferred to a plate with a cloth.