Periods :)

So one of the many hardships of being a person with female anatomy is  periods. 

They suck... 

So here is kind of a story/guide to periods. 

I got my first period 4 days before Christmas about 3 years ago I believe and I don't know why but I was scared to tell my mum which is complete nonsense now I think about it. I was sat on the toilet after getting ready for bed and noticing the blood, and I freaked about. 

I had some pads in my school bag which , luckily, was in my bedroom, and I took one into  the bathroom and put one on like we had been taught at school. 

If you need help on how to put on a pad here is my best attempt at describing it or you can go to the always website and I think they do like a video on it or skip of you don't need this bit :)

1. wash hands (to be honest I don't do this before hand but always after wards because you know, hygiene!) 

2. unwrap the pad and pull down your pants so you have easy access to the middle part of them. 

3. peel of the pad from the wrapper and attach the sticky side to your pants, so that it sits on the middle part. 

4. if your pad has wings, 

5. wash your hands you dety pig  

6. boom, now you are done , well done !

ok so I don't really feel comfortable explaining tampons just because I have never really used them as I find them uncomfortable but if you go onto the Tampax website they do really good video's for people and yeah, that is what I would use. 

Also that a good point Mazie, you DO NOT have to use tampons just because other people have told you otherwise. It literally does not make a difference so just do whatever your most comfortable with. 

Symptoms of periods include but not limited too : 

- breast tenderness 

- lower back ache

-mood swings 

-headaches 

-cramps 

-tension and bloating 

- tiredness 

- insomnia 

- dizziness

I am not a doctor but these are some common extra things that can happen when you have your period so just be aware. 

another thing I want to talk about is premenstrual syndrome. This is something that my mum brought up with me the other day when I didn't want to go to school. There wasn't anything going on but I just felt really sad and had a low mood and just couldn't be bothered. So if you would like me too do some more on that I will do some research because I would also like to find some out about it :)

Blood : can be any colour basically, from brown ( I thought I had pooped at first but no it was blood ), too bright red, trust me, it is ALL normal. 

i will keep updating this but I hope this helps :)