Chapter Eighteen

18 - Future

Reizo called me, which is way past ten in the evening. I thought he wouldn't call and just message me since he went home after talking to his parents and Lolo Alessio.

"Love... why did call?" Salubong ko sa tawag niya.

"I am having a bad day, baby." Marahan niyang sagot sa akin.

Bumangon ako mula sa kama ko. "Why? What happened?"

I heard him sigh deeply. "I... can you just talk to me?" He replied without answering my question.

"Do you want me to go there?" I asked again.

"No need, love. I just want to hear your voice." Kakaiba ang dala ng sagot niya sa aking 'yon.

Kahit gano'n ang sinabi ni Reizo ay may parte sa akin na mas gusto kong puntahan siya ngayon.

I was busy talking to Reizo and asking him anything just to distract him from whatever made his day worse.

I went out of my room and knocked on Mischa's door. I just felt glad that she was still up. Before she can utter something, I put my finger on my lips to stop her.

"Love, Mischa needs me. Can I call you later?" I lied, but I need to do that for him not to hear whatever I'll tell Mischa or Rex later since I plan to go to his place.

I put the phone down from me before talking to Mischa. "I am sorry, but can you go with me to Reizo's penthouse? I might stay there. I'll talk to Rex to get you home later and stay here since I'll be at Reizo's. Will that be okay?"

"Of course! And I am very supportive with your love life. Sa love life na lang ng iba ako kinikilig." Natawa kami sa sinabi niya.

As soon as I went outside the lift alone, I used my fingerprint to unlock Reizo's door since Rex had driven Mischa home already.

It's almost eleven in the evening already. My eyes immediately settled on Reizo when I saw him on his couch.

He gripped his phone in his hand while his eyes closed. He looked so tired in his state. He had already taken off his coat and tie, and one button on his dress shirt was undone now. Hindi na rin siya nang-abalang itiklop ang sleeves ng dress shirt niya. His legs were wide apart, and his back rested comfortably on the couch, but I knew that something's running inside his head due to the knot on his forehead.

Hindi ko na siya tinawagan kanina para hindi na niya ako mahuli na pupunta dito. When I opened his door, I also noticed that he was so oblivious that someone went inside his place.

Ganyan ba siya kapagod kaya hindi na rin nahalata na pumasok ako? And he told me a while ago that he got a bad day? What happened earlier to see Reizo like this?

"Love..." His head snapped immediately ok my direction as soon as he heard my voice. "Hi..." Ngiti ko nang maliit sa kanya nang dumilat ang mata niya at tinitigan ako.

He sighed in relief when his eyes settled on me. "Baby..." Nagulat ako nang bigla niya akong hinigit para bigyan ng yakap.

Naramdaman ko ang pagdampi ng labi niya sa pisngi ko. "What are you doing here?" Gulat pa rin niyang tanong.

"I thought it would be better if I went here. What happened, love?" I saw him looked away, and his jaw tensed firmly.

"Nothing... We just talked. Nothing happened." He gazed at me and made me lean on his chest.

I held Reizo's hand and played his fingertips. "Kumain ka na?" Malumanay kong tanong sa kanya. I felt him nod behind me.

"So, let's sleep na, love?" Tumingala ako sa kanya. He kissed my forehead before he nodded.