Chapter Forty

This will be the last chapter of Drop in the Ocean. I want to thank all of you for supporting my story.

There are times when things don't come according to plan and will test the fortress of our characters that will make or break us. Some reach the line where they lose their light, making them blind regarding the vantage points of life, crippled by their fears. However, may we always create a light — a purpose, not only to ourselves but also to other people, no matter how hard it could be. It is because I know for sure that as long as we keep on listening and take it full and deep in our hearts and minds, our darkest days will be over someday.

-

40 - Freedom

My world stopped and my heart sunk when I heard what Mischa said. Hindi ko alam kung matutuwa akong nandoon siya malapit sa akin kaya nang bumigay ang mga paa ko dahil sa panghihina ay nasalo niya ako.

"Mischa, what happened?" My voice broke because the hot tears came out of my eyes continuously.

She looked at me with sad eyes. "I'm still not sure. Ridge called me when he couldn't contact you. He told me Reizo got shot."

"How's he? How's Reizo?"

Bumuntong-hininga siya. "I think he's fine now. Ridge told me that you don't have to worry anymore." She wiped my tears.

"How can I not worry? He got shot! At bakit siya nabaril? What happened?"

She shook her head. "Ridge didn't tell me the full details. He asked me to accompany you to the hospital."

Agad kong inaya si Mischa kahit hindi kinakabahan at nanginginig pa ako. Halos magpasalamat na ako sa kanya sa pag-aalalay sa akin hanggang makarating kami sa ospital.

"Ridge!" I shouted when I saw him from a far. Nasa labas siya kasama si Zavi, Zach, Kaius, Rion, at Astraea.

I watched them looked at my direction as soon as they heard my voice. Nasalubong ko ang mga mata ni Astraea na naiiyak habang nakatingin sa akin.

Ridge stood up and went to me before I got to reach them. He hugged me as soon as I was in front of him.

"Ridge." Tawag sa kanya ni Zavi kaya lumingon kami sa kanya. "I need to see my wife now. Is it okay if I leave for now? We'll visit Reizo later." Bumaling din siya sa akin.

"Sure, Kuya. Don't worry about it. Go to her now. Don't make her worry anymore since she's pregnant." Tango ni Ridge.

Zavi looked at me. "Kaela." Ani niya.

I smiled at him. "Thank you, Zavi. Tell her I said Hi."

Inakay ako ni Ridge na umupo sa tabi nila. Rion and Zach went with Astraea to the pantry. She was still shaking, which made her cousins and brothers worry about her situation. Todo-alalay sila at hindi hinayaang mag-isa. Their bodyguards also scattered in the hospital to the potential threat that may happen. Kaius bid his goodbye because his kids were waiting.

Nagpaalam rin naman si Mischa dahil tinawag ni Kuya Zelos. Agad ko naman siyang sinabihan na pumunta na dahil nag-aalala pa rin sa akin. I just told her she doesn't have to worry to leave me since the Saavedras are here and I thanked her before she bid her goodbye.

"Kaela, he's fine." Pag-aalo ni Ridge sa akin habang naghihintay kami sa labas.

"How did it happen?" I asked.

"We were on our way home. And Kuya Reizo and Astraea were behind. It just happened too fast, and we just heard Astraea screaming and saw Kuya fell." Paliwanag niya sa akin.