funny feeling. oscar

request: Hi, I really enjoy reading this story. Can you do one where the reader has a boyfriend but has been seeing Oscar for a while because she's not in a happy relationship anymore and she chooses oscar? Idk it sounds weird but yeah

"you look terrible," he teased, seating himself next to you. he leaned forwards, elbows pressed into his thighs, forcing himself to tear his eyes away from you and to the floor.

you scoffed. "way to kick a girl when she's down," your chin rested in the palm of your hand, eyebrows knitting softly and a pout forming on your lips.

"y'been drinking?" he raised an eyebrow, glancing over at you, his chin resting on his shoulder.

you glanced at him for a second out the corner of your eye, eyelids drooping slightly. "i really don't want a lecture right now."

"not why i'm here."

"then why are you?" your words slurred together ever so slightly, eyebrows knitted tighter, pushing yourself back and sinking into the couch. your shoulders slumped, arms folded over your chest. you sniffled, shifting your stare away from him.

he huffed, falling back into the couch next to you, his arm touching yours as he did. he gave you a gentle nudge, his eyes dragging back over to you. you tilted your head in his direction, but refused to pull your stare up to his again. he took in your appearance, your hair was messy and tucked behind your ears, nose tinting red, teeth chewing on your bottom lip which still sat in a small frown. he had to gulp down on the lump in his throat before he spoke again.

"you drinkin' 'cause of him?" he mumbled, eyes following yours when they dropped to your lap. "what'd he say to you?" oscar had a lot of shit to deal with, but somehow he couldn't keep himself out of your business. he saw you looking sad again and he just couldn't help himself. he was drawn to you and your sad eyes.

your eyelids drooped, shaking your head. "it's alright," you muttered, eyebrows unknitting slightly, lifting your eyes to meet oscars brown ones. you couldn't tell if it was the alcohol in your system, or the way he was looking at you, but something squirmed in your stomach. you always got a funny feeling around oscar. always pushed it away because of your boyfriend. "i kinda' deserved it."

oscar frowned, narrowing his eyes at you. "doubt it."

you were quiet for a minute, until you felt oscar nudge your side gently. "c'mon, it's just me," you felt it again.

you sighed, shutting your eyes for a second before you spoke. "well, i told him to go fuck himself because i wouldn't be anytime soon, and he said maybe he should take a page out of my book and get himself a side piece," you gulped on the lump growing in your throat. "i said maybe he should, but not to be surprised when they're just as dissatisfied with him as i was," you chewed on the inside of your cheek after you said it, barely getting the sentence out straight, the occasional word slurring after the amount of alcohol you'd consumed.

"shit," oscar had to bite back a grin as you ranted. as much as it thrilled him to hear you'd finally told your boyfriend off, he knew you were also kind of a mess. he had to be careful with his wording. "m'proud of you, ma."

you shook your head, pressing a hand to your forehead, your eyes squeezing shut for a second. "i'm so stupid," you cursed under your breath. "i didn't need to make that situation worse but i did. i made it so much worse. he left after i said all that, said he was sick of me," you gulped. "i'm pretty sure he's probably balls deep in some random girl right now."

"you don't deserve that, ma," oscar spoke softer, quieter this time. "whatever he does, that's on him."

"but what if i drove him to it?"