sleep. oscar

request: 'hiii ;)) could you do an imagine where Spooky falls for the reader who has a brother in the gang? thank you xx'

you sat up, eyes glued to the television that hummed quietly, lighting the dark room. your eyelids drooped every so often but you could not will yourself to fall asleep. you sighed, tucking your legs under yourself, holding a bowl of cereal in your hands as you continued to munch on your midnight snack. you hardly noticed when oscar came plodding into the living room until he moved in front of the tv.

your eyes moved upwards to him, his eyes tired and hair tousled from how he had been sleeping. his eyes squinted a little before he moved to sit next to you on the sofa. he relaxed into the cushion, holding out his arm which you fell back into.

"can't sleep?" he murmured, wrapping his arm around you and pulling you closer. you shook your head, putting down your bowl before cuddling into his chest. you listened to his steady heartbeat for a while, your eyes drooping slightly as you relaxed.

"no," you mumbled a soft reply, tucking your face away from him. his free hand grazed your cheeks, moving loose strands of hair out of your face. "didn't mean to wake you, m'sorry."

"s'alright," he shook his head, leaning against the top of your head, breathing in your scent. "jus' can't sleep without you anymore."

you hummed, pressing a soft kiss to his clothed chest. you revelled in the comfort of having oscars arms securely wrapped around you, letting your arm drape over his stomach. he pressed a kiss into your hair, holding you tighter for a second. you sat in silence for a while, your mind was overworking itself again, why you couldn't sleep properly in the first place.

as much as you tried to focus on what you had, you couldn't help but think about everything that had changed and worsened since oscar got jumped out of the gang. it had never bothered you much, what he did for a living, your brother had been involved in that lifestyle for as long as you could remember. you were used to it. but oscar had come to the end of his tether, he took his out and took you with him.

you were happy to leave, you had always wanted to do more, wanted more from your life than oscar could have given you if he had stayed. and you wanted more for oscar.

but leaving meant oscar was cut out completely. cesar wouldn't talk to him anymore, after everything they'd been through. and sad eyes, your own brother, wouldn't so much as look at either of you. oscar being cut out extended to you somehow and you were struggling to accept that. it had been you and your brother for a really long time, and now to have no contact, for him to act like you don't even exist, was messing with you a little.

"you're quiet," he mumbled, his cheek smushed against the top of your head. "what you thinking about, mami?"

"nothin'," you didn't want to dredge up this conversation again. there was nothing you could do to change the situation and you weren't about to make oscar feel bad about it. you knew he already felt pretty guilty about tearing up your family, no matter how many times you told him that you chose him.

"y'sure?" he nudged you gently. you hummed. his hand moved to your face, cupping your cheek to move your head back so he could look at you. his eyes darted between your eyes and you bit down on the bottom of your lip. "what's botherin' you?"

you shook your head softly. "nothin' i promise--"

your whole body jolted when the banging started outside, your eyes went wide, oscars hand moved to your head, pulling you down and shielding you. "get down!" he shouted to you, pushing you further down till you were out of the shot of the window and onto the floor.

you felt oscars hands leave you once you were safe. you glanced up to see he'd grabbed the gun he kept hidden nearby and was moving to the door. "no," you mumbled, scrambling to get back on your feet. you startled again when there was another bang, covering your head with your arms but you saw no impact anywhere. it wasn't gun shots. oscar had already sussed this and was making his way outside.