1.2

WORD OF THE BATHROOM incident spread immediately. Wherever Percy went, campers pointed at him and murmured something about toilet water.

Or maybe they were just staring at Annabeth, who was still pretty much dripping wet. Atalanta was definitely going to use this as blackmail in the future.

Atalanta and Annabeth showed Percy a few more places: the metal shop (where kids were forging their own swords), the arts- and-crafts room (where satyrs were sandblasting a giant marble statue of a goat-man), and the climbing wall, which actually consisted of two facing walls that shook violently, dropped boulders, sprayed lava, and clashed together if you didn't get to the top fast enough.

Finally the trio returned to the canoeing lake, where the trail led back to the cabins.

"I've got training to do," Annabeth said flatly. "Dinner's at seven-thirty. Just follow your cabin to the mess hall." She turned around to leave but was stopped by a hand on her shoulder.

"Annabeth, I'm sorry about the toilets." Percy said a frown on his face with pleading eyes.

"Whatever." Annabeth remarked with a roll of her eyes.

"It wasn't my fault." Percy said desperately.

Atalanta gave him an 'are you serious' look but refrained from saying anything.

Annabeth just looked at Percy skeptically, and  a look of realization came upon Percy's face. He'd made water shoot out of the bathroom fixtures.

None of them, well except Atalanta of course, had any idea how, but the toilets had responded to him.

'He had become one with the plumbing.' Atalanta thought with a laugh.

"What?" Percy asked looking at the golden eyed girl.

"It's nothing." Atlanta waved him off.

"You need to talk to the Oracle," Annabeth said coming out of her thoughts.

"Who?" Percy asked, confused yet again.

"Not who. What. The Oracle. I'll ask Chiron" Annabeth explained a determined look on her face.

Percy stared into the lake and he saw two teenage looking girls staring back at him. They excitedly waved at him. Cautiously, not knowing what to do, he waved back at them

"Don't encourage them," Annabeth warned. "Naiads are terrible flirts."

As Annabeth warned Percy, Atalanta got closer to the naiads and was flirting with them.

"Can I follow you where you're going right now? Because my parents always told me to follow my dreams." Atalanta shamelessly flirted.

The naiads leaned in closer and were pulling her towards the water, giggling as they did.

"That's enough Atalanta." Annabeth turned to scold the dark haired girl.

Atalanta either didn't hear her or chose to ignore her in favor of twirling her hair at the naiads.

Percy looked away from the odd sight and back towards Annabeth.

"Naiads," Percy repeated, feeling completely overwhelmed. "That's it. I want to go home now."

Annabeth frowned. "Don't you get it, Percy? You are home. This is the only safe place on earth for kids like us."

"You mean, mentally disturbed kids?" Percy scoffed as he crossed his arms.