1.1

ATALANTA MUN WAS EATING LUNCH when Chiron informed her that she would be taking care of a new demi-god that was in the infirmary.

She didn't understand why the Apollo kids couldn't just do it, but she didn't want to argue. Arguing with Chiron was like arguing with a brick wall.

He didn't want to hear anything she said and because he was absolutely ancient, he thought he was right almost all of the time.

Atalanta Mun had been a camper at Camp-half Blood since the ripe age of four. She didn't remember much but she did remember her father telling her to go across the boarder and him driving off in his black sports car.

Shaking her head to get rid of the unwanted thoughts, Atalanta got up and headed towards the infirmary.

It looked the same as she remembered. Bright white walls with paintings hanging on them. It smelled clean, like laundry detergent, that mostly hid the overbearing smell of the anticeptics.

Glancing at the occupied bed she saw a boy around her age. He had black messy hair and his skin was tan. He was asleep and there was drool coming out of his open mouth.

"What are you doing here?" a familiar voice said from behind Atalanta.

Atalanta turned to come face to face with the resident know it all, Annabeth Chase.

"I'm here to take care of him." Atalanta pointed her thumb to the bed behind her.

Annabeth huffed. "Well I am too." she glanced at the boy on the bed. "I think we should take shifts looking after him. I'll take the first one."

Shrugging Atalanta nodded her head in agreement. "That's fine with me. Just let me know when it's my turn."

The ravenette turned and walked out of the infirmary.

****

"KNOCK, KNOCK" Atalanta called into the infirmary.

"Be quiet." Annabeth shushed as she pointed to the raven haired boy laying in the bed.

Rolling her eyes, Atalanta approached the bed that the boy was laying in. He looked a lot better than when he had first arrived. His skin was more tan and most of his cuts and bruises were healed.

Turning to look a the blonde. Atalanta saw her staring at the boy with furrowed brows and a thoughtful look in her eyes.

"What are you think-" The dark haired girl was interrupted by a soft groan coming for the bed.

"What will happen at the summer solstice?" Annabeth bombarded the boy.

"What?" the boy managed to croak out, his eyes still slightly unfocused.

"What's going on? What was stolen? We've only got a few weeks!" Annabeth rushed, looking around to see if anyone would come in.

"That's enough Annabeth." Atalanta hissed at the blonde.

"I'm sorry" the boy mumbled, "I don't..."

Somebody knocked on the door, and Annabeth quickly stuffed the spoon in his mouth, filling his mouth with pudding.

He swallowed and within a minute his eyes were closed again and he was out cold.

Chiron walked in smiling down at Annabeth.