04

you awoke the next day to some of the maids tending to you, treating several scratches on your body.

when you sat up the bed, they ushered you to go lay back. "my lady! you should rest!"

"where's... where's mom? and dad? and... [S/N]?" panicked arose within you once you remembered the happenings that night.

"the master and his wife are well and safe, they're resting in the other room." one of them informs you.

still, you didn't hear your sister's name from them. "what about my sister? is she okay?"

they look down, no one bothering to speak up. you already had a hunch as to what happened, your heart ached just from thinking about it.

"she's..."

"we're so sorry lady [Y/N]." she frowns, bowing her head. "it was all too late..."

you felt your chest tightening, finding it hard to accept how just one night could change everything. "oh..."

along with that, you remembered who saved you from the fire in the first place. "thoma... where is he?"

"thoma? you mean, the boy who saved you?"

"yes, is he around? i still need to thank him–"

"we received information this morning that this thoma you speak of... has been gone after the incident happened."

you blinked in confusion, "gone?"

"i'm afraid no one knows where he is my lady..."

°

present day...

"sorry for all that ayaka." you said as you stood next to her outside the teahouse.

"i must apologize for my sudden outburst as well, that was quite rude of me." she sighs. "still, i really didn't know that you knew thoma..."

"well, i never would've expected him to be here out of all places."

ayaka noticed the small frown on your lips, but was quick to go away when you changed the subject. "so, what shall i do before i join the force in watatsumi?"

"before you meet with the resistance leader, sangonomiya kokomi, we must have you aware of what goes on in inazuma. for that to happen however..." she trails off.

"i have to be with thoma, is that correct?" you finished for her.

"yes. i'm sorry, but he's going to be your tour guide while i'm away doing business for the yashiro commission. brother isn't here so it's been quite busy..."

"it's fine, i'll manage." you assured her.

you didn't know how, but you had to try. you wouldn't admit it but seeing thoma again hurts you, in a good and bad way. good because know that you know he was safe and well, you can rest the endless thoughts you've been honing in for the past few years.

"did you know that i joined the knights because of thoma?" you ranted, which caught ayaka's attention.

"really?"

you nod, "back then, i figured having more connections would give me more chances of finding about his whereabouts, though i didn't expect to be captain in the first place. lisa, a librarian amongst the knights, passed it on to me when she wouldn't claim it for herself saying that i deserved it more than she did."