Chapter 2

"Who was that?" Luz asked Willow, as she got up off the floor, books, and papers in hand.

"The girl who helped you was Amity Blight," Willow explained, as she held her hand out to help Luz up. "The people with her were Boscha and Skara. Boscha was the one who shoved you."

"So, the pink-haired, mean, three-eyed girl was Boscha," Luz said, connecting the dots. "I wonder why Amity hangs out with them," Luz stated, dumbfounded. "She seemed nice."

"Well, believe it or not, she's usually just as mean as they are," Willow informed her, "She only ever acts mean when she's around them, but she's never really nice either way. I haven't seen her do something like that in a long time."

"I wonder why this time was different," Luz pondered. Wonder why I was different, Luz's thoughts continued.

"AHHHHHH" The monster bell rang. 5 minutes until first period.

"Oh, shoot, first period," Luz exclaimed.

"What do you have?" Willow asked the panicking girl.

"Lemme check," Luz replied, pulling out the schedule she received from Principal Bump. "Abominations. Would you mind showing where that is?"

Willow smiled sweetly and said, "Of course! Follow me!"

They started walking around, Willow leading the way, Luz content in following her. As they were walking, Luz looked around. It was a cool school, in her opinion. Maybe it was just because she was a human, but she found it interesting that everything was alive. The lockers ate what you put in them and then held them out for you on their tongue when you needed something and the school bells were alive, screaming instead of just simply ringing. It's pretty cool here, Luz thought as she walked.

They hadn't been walking for too long before Willow stopped at a door with a purple door frame.

"Here you are!" Willow exclaimed. "Once you know the general area where it is, it's pretty hard to miss."

"Cool!" Luz said. "Thanks for showing me around today Willow!"

"Anytime Luz!" She responded. "By the way, come find me at lunch. I have a friend who would love to meet you."

"No problem!" Luz exclaimed. "See you then!" She then proceeded to walk into her class just as the bell rang.

She took a look around. The desks were arranged in three rows with space for two people to sit at each desk. People were pretty much just talking as they waited for the class to begin.

As Luz continued to look around, she noticed a mint-green-haired girl sitting in the corner, looking out a window. Oh! Luz thought to herself, It's that girl who helped me earlier! What did Willow say her name was? Amity? She noticed that there was an empty seat next to her. She walked over to Amity and took a seat next to her,

Luz saw Amity glance over at her, eyes going wide, then focusing her attention back to the window next to her.

"Alright class, settle down," Luz heard the teacher say. She looked over at him. He was a very short man, with dirty glasses, and short, dark green hair, with an exposed scalp. He was being carried by a figure, made out of what appeared to be purple goop. So that must be an abomination, Luz thought.

"Remember students, on Friday you will be starting a project with your seat partner." Luz turned towards Amity as Amity did the same. They made eye contact and Luz gave her a bright smile.

--------

Amity felt her face heat up just a little bit as she and Luz made eye contact. Amity, not understanding this weird feeling she suddenly had in her chest, turned her attention back to the teacher. She listened as the teacher gave everyone more information on the upcoming project, taking notes as she went.

It wasn't until halfway through class that it hit Amity what had happened today. She had helped someone who Boscha had bullied, oh god, if someone found out... Then she told her to stay away from Boscha and admitted she didn't like being friends with Boscha nor Skara. And now this human was in her abominations class. Not only that, but she was her seat partner and they had to do a project together.

Amity mentally sighed. What have I gotten myself into?

Apologies for the short chapter, but I really wanted to get some more of the story out! I hope you enjoyed!