Eyes of Gold

The cracking sounds of bone joints echoed, as the young wolf turned back to his human form.

Eyes turning back to the original black color, which was a sign of strength, in the werewolf kind.

Only the most powerful kind of wolves were able to change their eye color on transformation and Alpha Jeon was proud that his son had inherited that from him.

The Nova pack was the second largest pack in the werewolf community and being its head Alpha, was not in the least bit easy.

Jeon Junghoon had to prove himself time an again, to earn the leadership of the pack from his father and it made him the experienced and competent man, that he was today.

He wished the same for his son, who had already made him proud in everything he did.

Jungkook was such a good son, it was almost impossible to tell that he grew up without a mother.

The Luna of pack Nova had parted from her family the same day Jungkook had arrived into the world, the pack Alpha still remembered the last conversation he had with her.

"I'm very weak Junghoon, if I don't survive, don't let my pup feel lonely okay." Jeon Sana spoke slowly, her sickly pale hands clasped by her weeping Alpha.

"Don't speak like that Luna, I won't be able to do anything without you, don't leave, my Sana, I beg you." Junghoon was kneeling beside the bed post; nobody had ever seen the Nova Pack Alpha so broken and vulnerable before.

"I'm sorry Junghoon, give our Jungkookie so much love, that he won't ever feel my absence, promise me my Alpha." Sana was crying too and weakly got up and connected her forehead with her mate.

She was aware, she had very little time left with her family.

"I promise you, my love." Junghoon whispered the last words his Luna heard, before she left him.

He still wondered if she was watching him and their son from where she was now and he was sure that if she was, she would have been proud of her son too.

"I'm so proud of you Jungkook." Junghoon kissed his son's sweaty forehead, his fond gaze embedded on the light of his life.

Jungkook had just completed his transformation training, quite earlier than the other wolves and the father and son duo had taken a seat next to each other, on the wooden bench across the yard.

"Dad, everyone's watching." Jungkook shyly mumbled, at the display of affection his father just did, which gathered everyone's attention.

Junghoon chuckled and ruffled his black hair.

"Let them see how proud you make me son." Junghoon replied in amusement.

Jungkook was a polite and an introverted kid, he didn't speak much, unless required and was extremely sincere and mature, well above his age.

He was responsible and talented, but never bragged or displayed any attitude, a truly wonderful boy.

"At this rate, I fear you're going to surpass me." Junghoon said with an adoring smile.

"That's not possible dad, you're so old." Jungkook giggled, teasing his father a bit.

"Was that a compliment?" Junghoon huffed, playing along with his son.

"Maybe." Jungkook said and burst into laughter when his father gasped and made a fake sad face.

"Dad, is training in the Snowy Mountains difficult?" Jungkook asked, he knew his father had spent seven years in a special training camp in the Mountains when he was young.