Chapter 1: Nowhere Man.

A/N: hi, just a quick authors note before you start reading. Fist of all thank you so much for giving my story a chance! This the first fanfic I've ever written and I have put a lot of work into it, so I hope it's good ;). If you enjoy it, please leave a vote on this chapter, and have fun reading. <3
———

It was early in the morning, around eight am. I quickly grabbed my keys from the counter, threw my bag around my shoulder, put my shoes on and, -oh shit, my phone was still in the other room! I ran to get it of the charger, which had only increased my battery up to 22 percent. I had forgotten to charge it in the night, so now I had to take it with me in the hopes that I would find an outlet somewhere to charge during my day.

I closed the door behind me stepping out into the hallway of my apartment building and locked it. Walking down the stairs, I got out my earphones out of my back pocket and untangled them so I could listen to Revolver. It was my favourite album of the late Beatle years. I did like the earlier style they had better, but you couldn't argue with the fact that the later songwriting was just incredibly outstanding.

"One, two, three, four..." I said in George Harrison's voice, and started to drum along with the rhythm of taxman on the side of my leg with my hand.

It was a nice sunny day in august as I walked through the city of Liverpool. There were little to no clouds in the sky and a soft breeze rustled through the trees. I felt amazing, summer was my favourite time of year, so it felt like everything was perfect, not just because of the weather. this was the last week of summer before I'd start at Liverpool university to study history. I was extremely excited, but of course also nervous, maybe even scared.

Today I was going to meet with my two friends Eleanor and John, at a cafe in the center called Clints' coffee, it was tucked away on a little street, near the cavern club. Easy to miss, but hard to forget. the food was quite good if you knew what to order, and the coffee was amazing. John lived very close to it and so did Eleanor, I was the one who lived nearby the university and with that, the furthest away out of all three of us from the coffee place.

I went al the way to the nearest tube station and walked down the stairs. It smelled dusty and a little mechanical or metallic as always, and was considerably more chilly than outside seeing as it was underground. After buying a ticket and waiting for about three or four minutes, it finally arrived and I got in. It wasn't very busy today seeing as it was a Sunday morning, so I could easily get a seat. Sitting opposite me was a mother with her young son on her lap. he smiled at me, I waved back at him and he gave me a cute little wink, so sweet I thought, and chuckled.

I saw she was about to say something to me so I took out my earphones for a second. "I know he is going to a real ladies man when he grows up"  the lady told me. I smiled at her, "he certainly will be."

They got off at the next stop, I waved the little boy goodbye and he waved back at me with his tiny little hand. So cute! I only had to wait for two more stops.

About ten minutes later, I got off, threw my ticket in a bin next to the vending machine and walked up the stairs back into the warmth of the city. I knew this temperature would never last, certainly not here in the north of England, so I was going to enjoy it as much as I could so long as the sun was still shining.

It was a little more busy, here close to the center but still quieter than normal. I reached into my bag for my phone, and messaged John that I was almost there. Just in case they were already waiting for me. Although it was probably only Eleanor, because John was always late. The only issue was Texting her almost never worked, seeing as most of the time her phone was dead. Both me and John always tell her how annoying it is but still she never charges it properly. Although I couldn't really complain at that moment as my phone was only about 20 percent itself.