Chapter 11: Doctor Robert.

"So where would ye like to go?" He stepped over the threshold, closed the apartment complex door behind him and looked at me in anticipation. I Shivered in the cold outside air and shrugged.

"How about we just start walking and see where we end up." I suggested and so we started walking down the street.

"I would have planned something really, I just wasn't expecting... you know, that it would be today."

"No I don't mind."

He nodded in response. "God!" He suddenly started. "I can't believe I forgot to ask ye this before, we were so caught up in talking about the band, I didn't ask yer what kind of music ye like."

There it was; another moment in time where I was forced to lie when I wished so badly I didn't have to.

I liked classic rock, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Elton John, David Bowie and Pink Floyd. Just to name a few. But these people weren't famous yet, let alone produced records. So I knew George wouldn't have a clue what I was talking about. So I lied again

"I like Elvis I suppose," I shrugged. "And, you know, Chuck Berry."

His face lit up after I said that. "Oh I love Chuck Berry! What's your favourite song of his?"

"Uhh," I tried to remain calm but was secretly panicking for an answer.

'Just name a song, any song of his will do! Come on! Why can't you think of something.'

"Uh, well... I like roll over Beethoven!" I said, and he grinned at my response.

"Yeah me two... is the music in Holland any good?" He asked with one eyebrow raised, "Any Dutch artists I should know about?"

"Nope not really." I said and smiled at him. To be honest I didn't really know any Dutch artists, let alone from this time. "I mean I suppose the music is fine... uh- back home, but I don't really enjoy it that much. Nothing wrong with it though."

We had been walking quite a while when I remembered the recording contract and decided to ask him more about it.

"So George this record you're making, when do you leave for London?"

He suddenly froze and the look on his face was one of guilt and anxiety. I tried to get him to look me in the eye but he was only looking at the ground.

"George? What's wrong?"

He gulped.

"Well uh..." he scratched the back of his neck. "We leave in two days." He said quietly.

"You— what?" My voice got caught in my throat. They were leaving... now? Well that I certainly didn't see coming.

I knew I was going to part ways with them soon, but not this soon. I felt an immense sadness wash over me, realising that I could never be with George in the first place, I belonged back in 2018, not in 1962. I felt a small tear escape my eye and quickly tried to wipe it away.

"We leave on Friday..." he sighed, "I'm sorry for not telling ye yesterday, we were all just so excited. And I didn't want to disappoint yer by telling ye we would leave..." he finally looked me in the eyes again, but not before I quickly wiped another tear away with my sleeve.