Chapter 1

It's currently 3 am and I am laying on my bed, trying to finish up my homework that I just around to. Ever since my mum died six months ago, I have been taking care of everything around the house, including my 10-year-old sister, Lottie. The day after my mum's funeral, my stepdad, Mark, started treating me differently. Because I was the oldest and omega, I was made to step up and fulfill the responsibilities of an omega. I had to cook, clean, raise Lottie, and do other things that I would rather not remember. 

It started a month after mum died. Mark had been gone all day and night. When he stumbled into the house around 5 am, I woke up and tried to help him get to bed. I understand what he was going through, I lost my mum and he lost his mate. However, it did not take long for the situation to take a turn. That was the first night the man who raised me for the past nine years beat me. 

I thought it was just the combination of alcohol and grief, however, the beatings started to become a weekly thing, it did not take long for it to be a nightly occurrence. Thankfully, Lottie was always in bed and a heavy sleeper. That way she would not witness this. 

I had just finished my homework when I heard a door close. My body tensed up because I knew what was about to happen any minute. I flinched when my door opened.

"Lou?" I heard my sister whispered. My body immediately relaxed. 

"Hey, Lots. What are you doing up darling?" I asked, moving off the bed walking towards her. 

"I had a bad dream."

I pulled her into my arms and held her tight. "Hey it's ok, I'm here, love!" 

I held her for a little longer before pulling back. "Come on, let's get you back in bed."

"Can I have a drink first?" she asked. 

"Yeah, come on." 

When she was done getting a drink, we were about to go back upstairs so I could put her to bed again. However, it was dark and she ran into the table knocking off a vase causing it to shatter. "Are you ok? Did you get injured?" I asked frantically, going all omega mode. Turning on the light and inspecting her all over. Unfortunately, while I was focused on making sure she was ok, I did not hear the front door opening. 

"WHO DID THIS?" I snapped my head up with wide eyes. Mark was pissed and I knew exactly what that meant. I could feel Lottie cower behind me scared because he used his alpha voice to project his dominance. 

"M-" Lottie started to say, but I cut her off before she could get her words out. 

"It was me. I ran into the table and it fell off. I will clean it up as soon as I get her back to bed. Come on, Lots, let's get you back upstairs." I started to push her towards the stairs.

"You are not going anywhere! I am sick of you two being so ungrateful! I keep you here when I should have put you out as soon as your mother died. And how do you repay me? By breaking my stuff! I am going to teach you both a lesson on respect!" He went for Lottie first because she was closest. Grabbing her by her arm hard, causing her to let out a scream. 

I ran towards him trying to get her out of his grip, "LET HER GO! She didn't do anything it was me! Please! Let her go! Take me instead!" I begged and pleaded but he did not listen. 

I looked around and grabbed the first thing I could find which was the large coat rack that was by the door. Without really thinking about what I was doing, I hit him over the head with it as hard as I could. He stumbled and fell forward unconscious. I dropped the coat rack and ran to my sister who was still crying hysterically trying to understand what had just happened. 

"Lou?" 

I grabbed her and pushed her upstairs. "Shh, come on, pack some stuff, only the necessary things, we are leaving." 

When I got to my room, I dumped out my backpack and found a duffle bag, frantically, throwing random clothes in it. When I got that packed, I ran into the bathroom grabbing the first aid kit that we had in there just in case. Then I ran into Lottie's room. 

"Are you all packed?" 

"Almost, but why do we have to leave? This is our home, where are we going to go?" she asked. 

"I will explain when we are far enough away. Come on, let's go." 

When we got downstairs, Mark was still lying unconscious on the floor. I ran over and grabbed his wallet out of his pocket. Thankfully, he did not wake up. As we were putting on our shoes, I noticed the picture of my mum hanging on the wall. I quickly grabbed it and we left, in the dead of the night. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello!!! 

Welcome to my new story! I hope you enjoy it! This is my first time writing ABO, so bear with me! 

Much love! 

-M