Chapter 12

Hecate and Calypso woke sometime later, where the mermaid went into Hecate's bathroom for a quick shower before they really got up. Hecate didn't remember when Calypso returned to a human form, but she remembered blue and green scales walking into the bathroom.

However when she stepped into the living area and found Hecate making breakfast with Reza nowhere in sight, she was human. The mermaid moved over and sat at the island, glancing towards Reza's door.

"Did she leave early?"

"No. It's her day off today so she'll probably sleep till noon. She was most likely up playing video games or something."

"The Goddess of Death plays video games?" Calypso chuckled.

"She loves them." Hecate chuckled. "She's got me hooked on a few that I play when I get the chance too. But between my sports and studying I didn't usually."

"Well I don't want to take your attention away from important things." Calypso noted. "Maybe I should give you more space."

"No. I enjoy your company." Hecate answered as she flipped her pancake. "I don't want you going anywhere."

"Good to know." She chuckled. "I like your company too."

Hecate continued cooking for a bit longer before Calypso continued to speak. "So... you're eyes are usually amber?"

"Usually." Hecate answered. "Why do you ask?"

"Because I haven't seen them." Calypso chuckled. "They've always been white."

Hecate pulled her phone out before going through her pictures. She eventually found one where she was between Nyx and Devin, smiling towards the camera as Devin took a selfie. Nyx had her arms wrapped around Hecate's shoulders and Devin was touching her cheek to Hecate's with a warm smile. She handed Calypso her phone getting the mermaid to smile warmly.

"You guys are so cute." She noted.

"They take really good care of me. Even my other siblings who I don't often see. Whenever I do they make me feel so welcomed." Hecate answered. "But Nyx and Devin are always talking with me. Especially Devin. She's always taking me out to dinner and stuff. I think she likes the few moments of peace away from Nyx." She chuckled.

"That's actually really cool that you have a good relationship with your step parents." Calypso smiled as she went through some of the pictures as Hecate continued cooking. "I'm not gonna find anything weird in here am I?"

Hecate chuckled. "Just stupid memes and pictures of my friends and family."

"No one sends you nudes?" Calypso raised a playful eyebrow.

"None that I keep."

Calypso chuckled and looked through the photos. She found one where Vanessa had jumped onto Hecate's back with her arms thrown up into the air. Both of them were wearing their soccer uniforms and Hecate was genuinely smiling. Another was Hecate in mid run, appearing to be taken by a professional photographer as she dribbled the soccer ball between her feet with a look of pure concentration on her face. Another was a picture of Hecate and Reza being seated on what appeared to be seats for a roller coaster of some sort with both of them wearing expressions of pure panic as Devin was holding the phone, taking a selfie with the two hybrids over her shoulder. Devin did not seem to have any remorse or guilt in watching the girls be tortured.

"Devin took you to a theme park?"

Hecate groaned. "It was the worst! Reza wasn't super familiar with human world stuff because she spent most of her time in the underworld so she didn't know what they were, and I was more of the same. So Nyx and Devin brought us to some theme park since neither of us had ever done anything like it before. They did not explain we would be sealed, and going on roller coasters."