Chapter 5: The Prodigy and the Enigmatic

Monsters are categorized based on their potential threat to humans and other non-aggressive races. The lowest classes are unranked due to neutrality but starting from there, the ranking system based on threat level starts.

The classes for monsters are as follows: Serpent, Wolf, Sabertooth, Beast, Chimera and Demon. Starting from Beast however, there is an upper bracket which is used to indicate if a monster is stronger or more dangerous than its current class but still not classified into the next class such as Upper Beast class for example.

These are known to the public as per issued by the Guild but were constantly being updated.

Monster x Magic:

Two hours have passed since the incident and authorities and curious onlookers are already in the area. No evidence or dead bodies can be seen though as everything is wiped out from Chris' magic.

All of Hersilia's injured comrades including the mage who died, were all taken to safety before the explosion.

"I can't believe you would just throw them away in the air whilst covered in mud coffins to protect them." Raven utters as he sits by a hospital bed with Ethan by the other side, happily chatting with one of Hersilia's comrades who's already woken up.

"I couldn't just let them stay there and hope for the best. That's the option I have at that moment." Chris replies, scratching his nape while standing by the window.

Everyone has introduced themselves already and knows each of their respective jobs and background. The only thing they know about Chris though is that he was a former Adventurer who quitted after an incident happened, thus settling for a blacksmith shop.

"I can understand Mr. Chris here but you guys aren't even Adventurers! How come you fought those beasts like nothing?!" Hersilia exclaims, sitting beside them with a chair.

"I have background with a family of magic users so it's not unusual for me. Ethan on the other hand, well, trained really hard until he reached his level now I guess." Raven answers, taking a peek at Ethan who is just smiling as he talks to someone behind him.

"Trained? That isn't just any feat of physical strength! He didn't even use magic! Are you sure he's not just a human?" Hersilia asks yet again, quite yelling this time around.

"I don't exactly know how to answer that... Hersilia simply leaned back and crossed her legs. Either way, Sir Chris here did an even more astonishing feat. He basically just toyed with Upper Chimera class monsters. Just who are you anyway?" Raven answers and tweaks the topic a bit.

"Upper Chimera? No, no, you misunderstood something. Normal trolls could only reach 'till Sabertooth class. King Trolls and Mage Trolls fall on the Upper Beast class but they were never classified Chimera class." Chris explains to them as he adds with hand gestures.

"That doesn't change the fact that you obliterated them!" Raven screams in his mind.

"If you're talking about troll species that goes to Chimera class, that would only be Frost Trolls which live same area as those others. They can grow up to 50 meters in height with 30 being average and can use very advanced magic; ice being their highest affinity. Compared to Mage Trolls, those monsters are complete beasts. Raven listens carefully somehow. They are categorized as Chimera class but some who possess higher intelligence are considered Upper Chimera class threat. Although they seldom attack humans anyways." Chris further explains, smiling throughout the process.

"Well, every Adventurer knows that but I guess it won't hurt knowing again." Hersilia confidently utters, crossing her arms which somehow annoyed Raven a little.