Prologue - Amberly

Silence.

It was in the quietness that I discovered the power of my own thoughts, the depth of my own feelings, and the potential of my own being.

It was...freeing.

Exhilarating.

Until it was shattered.

At the age of six, I learned that silence was my weapon of choice. The less I spoke, the less they noticed me. The less they knew about me, the more control I had.

And now I didn't want to be noticed-I couldn't.

Because of her.

Felicity De Luca.

She was a queen.

A monster.

My sister.

I thought the greatest pain was death. Oh, how wrong was I? Ripping out my heart was. Shattering it to pieces until there was nothing left.

But now it was my turn. My turn to break the only thing that bitch could love. My turn to steal.

But it wasn't something I was going to steal but rather someone.

Vanessa.

Her prized possession.

It isn't funny now that the tables are turned isn't it, Felicity?

It may have taken me months to plan this-but it took you seconds to destroy mine.

I repeated the plan in my head. Again. And again. And again. Till it became like a second language for me-like a second skin.

Ivan Solovoyo taught me that. He watched as I struggled against the ropes that held me captive, tears streaming down my face. He exploited my weakness-but his brother turned it into my strength.

Now, I have the power. The power to take. To steal. To kill.

Treasure the moments you have, Vanessa, because they are going to be your last.

It isn't so much fun when the student becomes the master, isn't it?