Chapter 7 - Vanessa

"And this is the second entrance, in case you require discreet access. The remaining lounges reside within the eastern wing."

"Mhhhmm."

Yep, that map would really could in handy any time now.

The moment I got up, Travis suddenly apparated by my side and gave me my much-needed tour of the mansion. The rest of the people, other than the occasional guards, were nowhere to be seen.

When I had gotten up for this breakfast Felicity and Angelo had seemed to have disappeared, though the chef, Charlotte Wees, created a splendid English breakfast for me. From the perfectly cooked eggs to the sizzling bacon and the golden-brown toast, each element was a testament to her culinary mastery.

"Yes," I nodded at Travis. "If you don't mind me asking, where are the others? Felicity and Angelo?"

And where is the fucking map?

Travis's expression remained unchanged, his gaze unwavering. "Mrs. De Luca is currently occupied in her office, while the young master is attending his classes at Thronwood Elite."

"I see," I paused for a second, weighing my words carefully. "May I please speak to Felicity?"

"Of course, ma'am," Travis nodded in acknowledgment. "Just a moment, ma'am," he replied, his voice carrying a sense of unwavering obedience. "Mrs. Arritagon will lead the way."

I turned and saw Mrs. Arritagon waiting in the foyer with a kind smile on her face. "This way," she beckoned, her voice soothing and comforting.

I observed the woman intently, my eyes carefully tracing her features. The fatigue from the previous night had prevented me from noticing the striking resemblances between the girl I had encountered and the woman standing before me. But in the morning light, the similarities were glaringly apparent.

The smile. The nose. The freckles.

There was no doubt that Celeste Arritagon was her daughter.

"I met your daughter yesterday," I casually commented. "She seems very nice and friendly."

Mrs. Arritagon's body froze, and I nearly collided with her in surprise. The air around us turned tense as she slowly turned around to face me, her expression guarded and cautious.

"You met Celeste?" she asked, her voice laced with a mixture of curiosity and concern.

I maintained my composure, meeting Mrs. Arritagon's gaze with a steady look. "Yes, we had a brief encounter," I replied, carefully choosing my words. "She was kind enough to extend a friendly gesture."

To my surprise, Mrs. Arritagon's body relaxed, and a slow smile curved her lips. It was as if a hidden tension had dissipated, replaced by a genuine warmth. "Did she offer you the cookies?" she asked, a hint of amusement in her voice. "She always does that when she meets someone new."

"No," I admitted, intrigued by this newfound insight into Celeste's character.

Mrs. Arritagon laughed, her laughter echoing through the hallway as she continued to lead me up another flight of stairs.

"Well, you should be prepared for them," she said, her tone filled with anticipation. "Her baking skills are known to be legendary. You're in for a treat."

We reached a door, and Mrs. Arritagon paused, her hand resting on the doorknob. "Here is Mrs. De Luca," she said, her voice softening.

With a deep breath, I nodded, ready to uncover the truths that lay within this world.

Knock. Knock.

After receiving a response, I cautiously pushed open the door to Felicity's office.