Chapter 6

Lou ellen

     I slipped into one of the, many, pairs of riding boots that I owned, lacing up them up as I grabbed my quiver full of arrows by my feet. I placed my dagger on the bed as I laced up the last part of my shoes.

Annabeth and I were going to us8e swords today, so I picked the quiver and placed it back beside my dresser. Arrows sat unused beside my bed as I picked up my sword.

You hate swords, Luna, why use them? Chiron questioned me, his voice flowing through my ears. I rolled my eyes, picking out  my daggers and sheathing it along my belt. Doesn't mean I'm not good with it. I mutter under my breath.

"Annabeth likes swords, and she wanted a sparing partner today, so I told her that I would spar against her," I looked back at him, pointing at him before he could speak. "Yes, I know she's probably going to whip my ass."

Your words, not mine, Chiron said, making me roll my eyes. There was a knock on my door almost immediately, as I went and pulled it open. Annabeth was leaning against the door frame, grinning at me as she spun her sword around in her hands.

"Ready to get your ass kicked?" I laughed, nodding as I stepped out of my room in the big house, not bothering to inform Chiron as I shut the door, walking down the steps alongside my best friend. The Hermes cabin became too crowded for me and I managed to convince Chiron and Mr D to allow me stay in the big house.

"Hope you don't mind, I brought daggers along, Chiron wanted me to spar someone from the Hermes cabin after we're done, wanted to see a new trick I've been working on  for battles," I informed her as we made our way toward the training grounds, where Chiron was inevitably waiting for the two of us.

"Good, because I want to see it! It's so cool watching the two of you fight together," Annabeth told me, dusting her baseball cap.

"How's Grover doing?" I asked, referring to our Satyr friend. Annabeth shook her head with a small frown.

"He's okay, but I'm not so sure about the boy he brought with him," she told me as we turned the corner, passing the Aphrodite cabin where many of the girls were outside, lounging around in the sun. "Liz in the medical wing said that he was kind of banged up, waiting until he wakes up to give him some Ambrosia.

"Yeah, I saw the wound up close, it was pretty bad. That poor kid," I muttered, shaking my head. "Hard enough finding our you're a half-blood, That's got to hurt."

"He killed Pasiphae's son though," I looked over at my best friend, and she looked like she was having a issue believing that.

"I know, I had the same reaction. "but he killed a Minotaur. And the three furies."

" Yeah, and did you see that storm?" I asked.

"Damn, I don't even want to know whose kid he is,"

"Well, Lou, you'll be getting to know him, as I want you to train him," Chiron came walking out of the woods, smiling down at  Annabeth and I as we put on the rest of our armour, preparing to spar. I raised an eyebrow at him, fastening my shin guards into place.

"Me? Of all people?"

"You're one of our smartest and brightest, no offense Annabeth," she only rolled her eyes, fastening her chest plate into place. "Kid seems like he's going to be a bit stubborn, and if anyone can break that, it's going to be you, Lou.

Annabeth snorted, "a bit".

Annabeth, come take a look at this new course we're preparing before you guys begin your spar."

Annabeth walked off with Chiron as I finished fastening all of my gear into place.

   At the infirmary

I get this,... strange feeling about this new boy, I looked down at him, cocking an eyebrow as I stare at him.