Chapter 8

Lou Ellen( before the start of the game)

Heroes! Fall in!"

I walked up to Chiron, my red helmet resting in my arms. The rest of the  team fell in behind us, holding their red helmets as well. Luke approached us from the other side, smirking at me, as he held his blue helmet under his arm. His team was behind him, while Percy stood next to him with no helmet.

Percy shook his head, sparing a glance back at me. He smiled at me, and I saw that his canines were longer than normal. That didn't stop the blush rising to my cheeks, or the butterflies in my stomach.

"Where's your helmet?" Luke asked.

"I don't need one," he replied.

I looked up at Luke, raising an eyebrow at him. He only smirked, gesturing over to Percy. "Might want to go grab Chiron's wheelchair from the Big House, Percy might need it after this."

Luke always found a way to piss me off during capture the flag. Well, he always found a way to piss me off period.  I glared at Luke, seeing the  look that  crossed Percy's face.

"Don't get too cocky, Luke, I think we all still remember capture the flag from two years ago, right?" Luke's smile suddenly disappeared, turning into a frown. "The way I had you hanging upside-down from that tree? You remember that, right?"

All of the campers seemed to break out into simultaneous laughter, everyone remembering the incident from just two years ago. I shot Percy a wink as he smiled at me again, before looking back to Chiron.

"Alright, everyone calm down. Heroes! Take your places, and remember all the rules!"

I walked side by side with my teammates into the woods as I adjusted the straps of my quiver and adjusted the position of my sword.

"No potions today?"

"Chiron said it's not allowed to participate in capture the flag after last year's fiasco," I told Katie, a daughter of demeter, both of us laughing in remembrance. That Apollo kid was not too happy about losing his arms for the rest of that week.

"Okay, so we're playing out the same strategy as last time. I'm going to guard the flag, I was hoping this time you would-"

"I'm going after Luke, you can guard the flag," I told her, notching an arrow in my bow as I looked at her. She sighed, shaking her head.

"Are you going after him because you can't stand him, or because of the game?

"Little bit of both," I said with a shrug. "He'll also probably have Percy with him, and I want to know if he see if he's what he lets on."

"You're pretty protective of that boy, Katie said, wiggling her eyebrows. I laughed, beginning to walk backwards away from her.

I took off through the woods, hiding behind a couple of trees as I saw blue players run past me. I came upon one of the tallest trees in the woods and quickly scaled it, perching myself on one of the branches with an arrow drawn, waiting on Luke. I knew his patterns well, and if I was correct judging by where we hid our flag, he'd be coming through her in no time.

"Come on, Travis! I know where the flag is!"

I smirked as I heard Luke's voice, seeing flashes of him running toward the tree I was perched in, Travis right on his heels. But no Percy anywhere in sight.

I locked eyes with some of my teammates who were perched in the trees across from me. I gave them a nod as they fell from the trees to the ground, immediately going after Travis and Luke.