Chapter 13

Previously

"Well, that makes things easier for us. All we need to do is get it to Olympus before the solstice. We have nearly two weeks to get back across the country". Lou said

"Yeah, and the faster, the better for everyone" Grover chirped in.

Then they all set off in the opposite direction of the setting sun.

Now

The trio of questers were on their way back to NewYork with one of the mist powerful weapons in the world in their possession. They had been travelling non-stop for the past eleven days, facing and fighting off monsters that were attracted to their scents.

As they trugded through the woods somewhere in the U.S, Grover kept stealing glances at Percy. Not that he knew, but Lou Ellen and Grover had seen the entirety of the fight few days earlier, and now that they had settled down, it brought questions about their companion to their minds.

Lou had already taken the cylindrical tube that was Zeus's bolt from Percy. Him having it brought a sense of dread to her and the poor satyr with them. They thought he didn't notice, but that was the exact reason Percy had given up custody of the bolt.

While Lou fared better at hiding her feeling of fear, Grover had no such luck. He jumped at every sudden movement the son of Poseidon made.

The woods they were in suddenly gave way to a length of road, with the forest continuing on the other side. It was well past midnight and the only light they had was from the moon. They crossed the road and when they had walked well into the other side of the forest, Percy, who was at the front of the group, suddenly turned to face his two companions.

"You guys know I wouldn't do anything to harm you, right?" He questioned but got no reply. Instead, Grover was shuffling his feet and stylishly moving backwards, while Lou Ellen just stared at one of the forest.

Percy groaned. "Alright, you guys should stop with the weird attitude. I can feel you guys practically boring holes into my head with your stares. What's going on?"

Both Lou and Grover looked down before she summoned courage to reply. She started with a scoff.

"What's wrong? You're really asking what's wrong? We saw you take down two gods, not just any gods but godly children of the war God. Not to mention the army of monsters that chased you to camp. Even for a son of an elder God, that was too many monsters. Including the kindly ones. All three of them. So pardon me for trying to figure out what you really are." At the end of her rant, Lou was breathing heavily.

"Yeah, and when Lou was out cold in Medusa's lair, you just went all Spartan and took out close to fifty monsters all by yourself. Before shadow travelling straight to the entrance of the underworld and threatening the ferryman into giving you a ride across the Styx." Grover finished much to Lou Ellen's shock.

Percy had the courtesy to look sheepish. He scratched the back of his neck. "Yeah about all that, I—"

"Don't even think of lying  Jackson, if you do and I find out, I'll place a spell on you, you won't have the courage to show your face at camp". Lou Ellen added.

Percy exhaled before he spoke up. "Can I trust you guys?"

He received nods of affirmation from the two individuals before him.

"What I'm about to tell you, cannot be spoken of outside this gathering, except with my permission. I'm not asking you to swear on the Styx because I trust that you guys will see me the way see both of you; as true friends".