Chapter 33

I know

Matthew's POV

I noticed that mama isn't comfortable hearing the L&A clothing line.

It feels like she had past experience under that company

I searched it up. It was runned by a man named Akiro James Leviste-Angeles.

This is the man auntie Amy told me that its her boss. When I saw that man in the magazine, I noticed mama was uncomfortable.

I know papa Theo is my uncle and not my father.

I really don't care on who my father is. Mama and I are living happily and comfortably. Mama is already enough for me. She provides everything I want and need. She works hard but she never failed to spend time for me. I am beyond happy and proud to have her as my mom

Seeing and hearing her cry because she thinks she failed as a mother hurts me a lot. I hate seeing her hurt and crying.

I learned to protect my mama. I learned how to comfort her. My mama is strong and brave but she is still fragile deep inside.

When I furthered researched about him, I saw a picture.

A picture of him and my mama together in a magazine.

I clicked the link of the picture and it brought me to instagram.

@aj.angeles

I'll find you soon love.

That's the caption of the post.

Bata pa lang ako, I know my mom is suicidal.

Papa Theo always remind me to keep away sharp objects and medicines away from mama.

And it hurts to witness how my mama tried to end her life.

"Matthew, ako na muna ang bahala sa mama mo. You should sleep"

"No, papa Theo. I want to look after mama"

I don't want mama to work anymore but that's what she loves doing. Every night, when mama comes home, I will always look after her at her sleep. I always pray to God that time should go fast so that I could be a grown up man now and I can protect mama. I can work and do the things for mama.

I was beyond furious when I saw my father hurting mama and she was crying.

"Uh, hi" I nodded at the presence of my father. Mama isn't here yet

"Uhm, you're mama will be staying at work late. Uh, I asked her if I could spend time with you"

I nodded again and went beside his car. He immediately followed and opened the car for me.

We were silent the whole drive until we were stuck at the traffic

"What would you like to eat?"

"Anything"

"Perhaps some steak? Its your favorite, right?"

I didn't answered. Later on, I felt his hand on my lap

"Im sorry, anak. I know I should apologize to your mother. I just want you to know that I am really sorry for what I did that day. Its not my intention to hurt your mother. And Im sorry too, for not being there with you for the past 10 years. Im such a worthless father. I should've known that I got your mother pregnant. I-I hope you'll forgive me. And I promise, I will make it up to you"

We heard honks of car and we noticed that the traffic light is in green light so we went on.

He always fetch me at school everyday. He would also always bring gifts such as shirts, shoes and books. He also brings me at restaurants for us to dine together.

"Tomorrow is your flight, A. Will you cancel it?"

"I don't know, Theo. I will wait for Matthew's decision"

"But how about you?"

"To be honest? Ayoko na manirahan dito. Our life at L.A is good. I may not be the perfect mother to my son, but I know I can. And I will. Kung kailangan kong triplehin ang effort ko sa mga ginagawa ko, then I will. If I need to lessen my work days just to have more time for my son then I will. But if Matthew likes to stay here, then we will"

I closed the door of the library. Mama always think about me and my feelings before anything else.

Pinalipas ko ang isang oras bago pinuntahan si mama.

"Anak, do you need anything?"

She is at her vanity table and combing her hair

"Mama, what time is our flight tomorrow?"

Natigilan si mama. I think she is not expecting this

"It at 9pm pa naman. Why?"

"Then, can we spend time together tomorrow?"

"Of course! Where do you wanna go?"

"Can we--can we bring...."

"Your father?" I nodded

"Oo naman anak. If you want to spend more time with your father then we can--"

"No mama. I just want to tell something to him before we leave"

"Anak, please don't worry about me. If you want to stay here for good, then its fine to me. I want you happy"

"Mama, you're happiness is my happiness. And I promised to myself that you're my number one priority before myself."