XVIII good ending part 4

We were in a car driving back. At least that was what I hoped. We were all 3 blindfolded, not knocked out this time. I held Sae-byeoks hand tight, as a way to feel safer. I could hear a forth person breathing heavily. It bugged me out that i didn't know who he was.

I could hear the sound of expensive champagne, getting poured into a thin glass. "You know you should all be celebrating." A deep voice said. I could hear that he wasn't wearing a mask making me even more eager to see him: "why?" He asked, and I could hear the pain. "Why did you do all of this?" He asks. There was a bittersweet silence, as he chewed on the words.

"It's like betting on horses." The mysterious man finally said, making himself more comfortable, moving around, while all three of us just got a whole lot more uncomfortable. "Betting horses?" I whisper, processing the information. We were just horses for them? He moved around some more, before answering again.

"Yeah it's like horses, but here it's with humans." He said unfazed by the disgusting words that escaped his mouth. My breath hitched, acknowledging the fact that all of us dying, was just one big game for them. I could feel goosebumps growing all over my body.

"You know I didn't expect you to survive Gi-hun." The man continued, as he slurped his drink. "I mean I knew these girls could, but not you." Even though it was probably meant as a compliment, I still clenched up, annoyed at who he guessed would die or not. I could hear Gi-hun breath sharply and unevenly in, also shook by the comment. "Who are you?" He croaked out, sounding scared. Well of course he sounded scared, I was scared too. "Who are you?" He asked again more desperate this time.

"Just think of this as a dream." The man said, confusing me. How could we ever just think of this as a dream? "This was all just a a dream."He continued, but that didn't stop Gi-hun from asking. "Who are you? Who are you?" And he kept going. But a familiar sound escaped around us, as the smoke filled the room. I clenched Sae-byeoks hand even tighter before I let the gas take me out.

I woke up, as I could feel rough hands grab me harshly, and throw me out of the car. Pain s struck through my body, still sore from my wound. I could hear the others dump down beside me, but I couldn't see, because the stupid blindfold was covering my vision.

"Come to Jesus Christ, if you wanna be saved!" I could hear a man say, not far away. But then he stopped and footsteps appeared about a meter away from us. I was grunting, and huffing, as were the others. I could feel hands linger against my ties, breaking me free. When my hands finally were free, I ripped off the blindfold, and looked up at a confused guy with a Christian sign. I mentally rolled my eyes, before spitting out the cold metal that had been in my mouth. I saw a yellow credit card and my eyes widened. The guy next to me gasped, as if him praying to God made this happen. A few mumbled from the Sae-Byeok traced my focus back to them. I quickly stood up and walked over to her.

Luckily this time we had our clothes on, and not only in underwear. I squatted down, and untied her wrists. She let out a relieved sigh, before I ripped off her blindfold, making her beautiful almond eyes visible. A sad smile appeared on my face, when she also threw out a yellow piece of metal. We examined it. "I also got one." I say and pull the card up in front of her vision, between my index, and middle finger.

"Guys." Gi-hun complained, making us tie him up as well. And just like us, he spat out a credit card. We both reinsured that we had gotten it too, planting a more relaxed grimace on his face. We scrambled up on our feet, feeling weak and vulnerable. And maybe I should be relieved, but over 400 peoples death felt heavy on my shoulders. Dragging me down, like a huge package I had to deliver, but without destiny. I had to carry the package with me forever. No way to escape it. And the thought terrified me. Creating yet another round of goosebumps on my skin.