40 A Walk, part 2

"We should head back. It's going to rain."

"Oh. Let her have a moment longer." Blue said quietly, her hands and sight retreated, but she was still standing close.

"Hmh."

Yellow briefly studied the clouds to evaluate how much time it's going to be before it starts to pour water from the sky. Her eyes stopped on Pink once again, who was struggling to free herself from a couple of elastic branches of the nearby red tree, that she got stuck in. It was silly, and she certainly didn't need any help. The General knew that and she was considering calling her to come back, but she heard a weak grunt of her counterpart, that was a subtle, but clear sign to get her attention.

"...What's the situation on the Phantom Warship you've mentioned?" she asked.

There was indeed such subject brought up. Yellow Diamond has a couple of spaceships that are far greater in use in battle than the rest. It wouldn't be a lie to say they're even bigger and more durable than her own, personal arm-ship, but she doesn't use them as often because of... representation reasons. Also the fact that White Diamond herself prefers her junior to move and travel while maintaining proper appearance.

On one of those ships there has been some trouble caused by the crew. And because the crew consists of more than a thousand gems (those ships are big, and if necessary – they can hold even more), it had to be something that reached the level of becoming a Diamond's concern. Namely – two groups have formed from some of the members, counting a couple dozen each, who have been fighting each other for some reason (or at least Yellow didn't mention it in the conversation before). Not that the reason mattered anyway. It's been simply one of the General's jobs to assign multiple gems uninvolved to resolve the issue, to keep those groups apart, and to obtain those that have been injured, or even their shards. Truly nothing more than a bother, a waste of time, both for her, and for the crew.

"It's stable." Came a short response.

"How many gems have been shattered?"

"Seventeen."

"Eh..." Blue huffed in an angered tone. Then her hands wandered up, one stopping on her upper arm, second resting on Yellow's shoulder, both giving only the lightest touch, but heavy enough to be felt. Now her whole form turned her counterpart's way. "I wish there was something I could do to help you... with this and everythi-"

"There's really nothing any of us can do to make it magically disappear."

"Oh, did you go there to face them yourself?"

"I did, yes."

"And it didn't help?"

"It did while I was actually onboard or in proximity. Suddenly there were no fights and everyone was in peace," Yellow grabbed the bridge of her nose "but once I left they started at it again."

"Ugh, those deviants, really..." Blue sounded her displeasure at the thought of these misbehaving gems. It was amazing how her demeanor can change so quickly, back to the one she shows to the public – cold and ferocious. Usually she drops that one when there are only Diamonds around.

"I should go there. My ways would definitely call them to order." She smiled mischievously.

Blue Diamond had little patience when it comes to things she deems trivial. That including gems who turn against the authority or simply behave out of line. It fits her cut* though, since her official role is law and rule enforcement. It made many of their subjects justifiably fearful, even though they don't need to be afraid as long as they don't have something on their conscience. She's very quick to end a dispute in a snap. Many of her higher standing gems take after their owner in that matter.