Chapter 19: What's Broken Can't Be Fixed

This chapter was so hard to read, even for me, and I wrote it. So I HIGHLY suggest you use caution when reading this chapter.

*TW* r*pe, drug abuse, suicidal thoughts, blood

She didn't know what had happened. Standing in the bathroom of her home, she stared blankly into the mirror. She could see someone looking back at her, mimicking her actions, but the woman in the reflection wasn't her.

It couldn't be.

"Where the hell have you been?"

"I'm sorry, Ron. I was coming back, I just–"

She flinched at his voice in her head. Every inch of her body felt like it was on fire. She wanted to tear her skin apart and throw it away in hopes that something new – something clean – would grow back in its place.

"Who were you with?!"

"No one, I wasn't with–"

"Don't fucking lie to me, Hermione!"

She warded the bathroom shut, sealed herself in with Silencing Charms and used her wand to turn on the shower as hot as it would go. She wanted it to burn. She didn't care if it hurt.

She couldn't even close her eyes without seeing Ron. His seething stare, glazed over from the alcohol. Couldn't hear anything but his screams, spitting venom drenched words at her when she Apparated home from Draco's flat that morning.

"You fucking slut. You think you can run around on me?!"

"I didn't, I swear–"

She didn't mean to tell Draco. She didn't mean to fall asleep. Didn't mean to stay the night.

She couldn't breathe. Her skin tingled with the lingering memory of Ron's violent touch, and she just wanted it to stop. On her neck, her stomach, her wrists, her thighs. She'd do anything for it to just stop.

"Tell me Hermione, did he touch you like this?"

She took her sponge and drowned it in soap, scrubbing her body over and over again until her skin grew red with irritation. But she could still feel him.

"You really think you'll find someone better than me?"

She squeezed her hands into shaking fists, causing her nails to cut into her palms, sending hot streams of blood down her arms. She watched it mix with the water, turning it pink as it flowed down the drain. She sank down to the floor of her shower, trembling as she hugged her knees to her chest.

"If you're going to be a slut, then fucking take it like one."

"Stop it," she whispered to herself, pleading with her mind to forget. She'd do anything to forget.

She tried to focus enough to build up her Occlumency, but it didn't work. Every wall shattered under the weight of him. Every memory slipped through the cracks, until it all became too real. Too much.

"You'll think twice the next time you try to run around on me."

"No," she spat as she stood slowly, turning off the water and stepping out, dripping mindlessly onto the tile floor. It didn't matter. She didn't care.

"...you stupid bitch..."

"Stop it," she muttered through closed teeth, clutching the basin of the sink in an ironclad grip, making her knuckles ache.

"...you are nothing..."

"STOP IT!" she screamed at the fog filled mirror, as an uncontrolled fit of wandless magic shattered it, ripping it into eerily beautiful shapes that distorted her image.