Chapter 44:

Hoshi's POV-

"We just need to talk. Especially someone." I said, pushing Carla with most of my remaining strength into the cell. Even though his back was turned, I could sense that he was rolling his eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant?" He asked straightforwardly.

"Because... I didn't know how you'd react..." Taiyo said not even looking at Carla while responding.

"I thought you were trying to escape from me. But... Were you telling them about your pregnancy?" He asked.

"Yes! Of course, I was... I wanted to see them of course but I made a deal with you so I was only going to tell them that I was pregnant." Taiyo said.

"I-I'm sorry I did this to you and our child." He wrapped his arms around her.

She flinched at his touch. "J-just don't..." She warned. It made a lot of sense and it was strange to see anyone just say sorry about what he's done. She's just been tortured by him so why would she accept his apology? He released her. I stumbled over to her.

"I'm sorry that I allowed you to suffer from him because he misunderstood your meeting with Subaru and Mizuki." I apologised.

"I-it's fine." She responded. "I-I'm fine..."

"It's my fault. I wasn't around to protect you." I said with tears flowing down my face. Someone was hurt and left to die. Someone under my care.

"Hoshi! I'm not 10 years old anymore! I can look after myself!" She said in frustration. She sounded like a 5-year-old, but at least she was okay. I nodded. She was right. There's a time to let go of loved ones. But I never would've guessed how much it would hurt me and... I was always afraid that she'd get hurt. That any of them might get hurt.

"Taiyo please..." Carla spoke up. "What can I do to make this right?"

Her eyes, red from crying previously, looked up and stared into his eyes. "Nothing! You can do nothing! And I'll bet that it was all an act at first, wasn't it? Just so I could give you a child." She was angry. I pulled him out of the cell and locked it again.

"Trust me," I said. "It's better that you let her calm down. She's destructive when she's angry." I warned him.

"No." He said simply. "To prove that my love for you is real, Taiyo, I'll stay here with you until you can forgive me."

"If you die," I began saying. "Don't say I didn't warn you."

"Thank you but it's my choice." He then walked inside the cell and closed the door.

Narrator's POV-

Back at the Sakamaki mansion, Subaru had found the location of Taiyo and Hoshi and was going to take everyone possible with him to ensure that they both returned home safely, with them once more. But Ruki wasn't too keen to find and bring back Hoshi as she confessed she loved Shin.

"They're here," Subaru stated, pointing to a location on a map that they'd laid out on the table in front of them.

"Are you sure?" Ruki asked. " I mean what if you're wrong?"

"Ruki, unless you have a better idea on where to find them, then yes I'm pretty sure that's where they are located currently," Subaru said.

They were all agitated. They all missed Taiyo and Hoshi dearly because even as close friends, Taiyo and Hoshi were always there for everyone. Always caring and supportive. So that's why it was so important to everyone, that they find them and bring them home to where they belong.

Mizuki closed her eyes. Yuki's gone. He's with his mother and his aunt, her mother. She felt a severe heartache and told herself she'd find them at any cost as did everyone else.

Yuki's POV-

It's been only a few days since my father sent me to live with mum. I felt hurt that he would leave me just like that but I got comfortable quickly with a new caring father. However, my mother seems to be strangely weak these days and is usually in bed. I asked my new father if she was ill.

"Don't worry. She'll get better. She needs rest." He told me comfortingly. Shortly after we left her room we heard someone entering the mansion.

Hoshi's POV-

I became even more unstable than I usually was after I saved Taiyo and couldn't move. I saw the door opening. I saw Ruki enter the room.

"Ruki? How'd you find us?" I asked.

"You need to thank Subaru for that. Come on. We need to find Taiyo and get out of here." He told me.

"I-I can't move," I whispered. He looked at me with a shocked expression on his face. I would've too as I didn't have any wounds on me.

"I'll carry you then." He told me and picked me off the bed.

"Taiyo's in the basement with Carla. He said he was to stay with her to prove his love for her. I have to admit. I'd like to see him give a romantic gesture." I told him as he was running to the basement and found that Subaru beat us there, glaring at Carla.

"Taiyo!" Subaru called to Taiyo in shock. "What happened to you?! Whoever did this I'm gonna kill them!"

She stood up slowly and showed Subaru her bump. Then she hugged him softly through the bars. "I-I'm fine..." She said, looking away. "It's just taking forever to heal."

He lifted her chin slightly so their eyes met each other. "Carla! Did you dare lay a finger on Taiyo?!" He yelled while trying to release Taiyo.

Taiyo's POV-

"Subaru please, I'm okay. I-I just got punished for wanting to tell you and Mizuki that I'm pregnant."

He stepped back and Mizuki seemed surprised as she was walking over to touch my tummy. "Am I going to have a brother?" She asked excitedly.

I gazed back at Subaru and said, "Half brother."

"Did you- is that our child or your child with him, Taiyo?!" He shouted.

"No." Giving a glance to Carla, I continued. "No, once I have the child, they're staying here with Carla and I'm coming home with you and Mizuki. However, I wouldn't just abandon any child so I'm coming over every weekend and of course, you guys can visit us too." I explained.

TO BE CONTINUED...