𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

Warning:
This may contain explicit content that may not be suitable for young readers
And a lot of things that are in here are not in the manhwa

Read at your own risk!

One night in the Ruby Palace will change everyone's lives

Diana, the emperor's beloved lover, recently passed away after giving birth to a princess.

“....”

“It has been confirmed that Lady Diana has died.” The midwife who had aided Diana slumped on the floor.

Every maids and knight who heard her were taken aback. They feared for their lives.

"We're definitely dead" A maid spoke up. “Don't risk it, Bella!” Another maid chimed in.

“How could I not, Rachel? We all know how special Lady Diana was to His Majesty.”

“How do you foresee the Emperor adapting to this news?” Bella yelled.

No one could disagree with her; she was right. They will all end up dying on the same day after the emperor hears of the news.

Even the midwife, who seemed to have her entire family waiting for her, was astonished.

“I ask God to keep an eye on us today.” The midwife began. She was rather old, yet she was still not prepared to leave her family...

“Please look after my family. Our family. I may die tonight, but please protect my family away from the emperor.” The midwife cried.

"...."

Just then, Everyone inside the ruby palace knelt down on the floor, excluding the concubines who were still resting on the luxuries.

They all began to pray for the wellbeing of their families. They did not pray for themselves as they already knew what awaited them.

“Please allow my family to continue forward without me.”

“I beg you to watch after my daughter when that time comes for me to depart this wretched world.”

“I also had several desires that I intended to achieve, but it appears that my time has come to an end.”

“Oh, how I wish I could make one last apology to my dear mother.”

“We beg you, please look after our loved ones.”

They all bowed to neither, as they all desired the same goal. For the safety of their families, and for the emperor not to entangle their families as a direct consequence of the woman who died today.

 Time passed and they had quieted down, half of them left the room to notify the emperor, whereas the other half stayed and stared at the poor princess.

“It's a pity a princess was brought into this world. Perhaps if she had never been born, we would still have been happy today.”

“How could you make such a claim?!”

“I'm not certain. I suppose I'm finally going insane.”

“There's no way this princess can live in harmony here. Knowing the emperor, he would never even take a glance at the princess.”

“Everyone here is aware of that. The emperor sincerely loved the lady, but the lady only had a brief time to enjoy life.”

“and today is also considered one of the days when several wishes were expressed.” The midwife smiled.

“And now for my dying request...”