𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟏

It's been a week since numerous citizens were executed at the emperor's command

It's been a week since numerous citizens were executed at the emperor's command. Even if the citizens deemed it brutal, they lacked the power to oppose the emperor.

All they can do now is pray for their souls to rest peacefully. And now, despite being a descendant of a prominent aristocratic family, a woman with long brown hair and light blue eyes, dressed elegantly, knelt before the emperor who sat on his throne.

She was self-assured and determined to oppose the emperor. Felix, the knight, was apprehensive about the lady's welfare. Whether he liked it or not, he grew so attached to the lady that he didn't wish her to be harmed in any way.

"Please, Your Majesty, I beg you! Could you kindly assist us in trying to locate the princess?" Diana's former colleague, Lilian York spoke

Lilian looked up to Diana, noticing how free she was whenever she performed. She was enthralled, and her emotions ran wild as she witnessed her dance flawlessly.

Her devotion to the dancer is undeniable, and she is determined to go to any extent to find her daughter. Even if it meant kneeling pathetically in front of the emperor's lethal gaze.

"You know, Lilian York, your efforts will be for nothing."

"I'm never going to establish a search team for just that wench. So just leave it alone and go." As Claude sat more comfortably on the throne, he spoke.

He was fatigued from all of the work he had to accomplish over the preceding week. "However, your Majesty—"

"Ignore that issue.If you hadn't been Diana's friend, you'd have been executed by now." Claude accosted the noblewoman in the throne room fiercely. He was losing his cool.

"I understand..." Lily straightened up and cleaned her dress, which had now become soiled as a result of her protracted kneeling.

"Blessings and glory to the Obelian Empire's sun..." Lilian York curtsied graciously and exited the room with a gloomy aura.

"Felix Robane."

"Your Majesty." Felix straightened his back and turned to face the Emperor, who was still peering at the closed door.

"Silently form a search party to locate the child." Claude spoke while closing his eyes.

"Did you not--"

"That's why I said to do it quietly. Don't inform anyone else about it."

"I understand, your Majesty..."

"Blessings and glory upon the Obelian empire" Felix saluted as he hurried towards the substantial doors to organize a search party. Claude was now the only one in the room.

"..What makes that child so special? She's merely a child who stole your life away..."
Claude uttered, but it was apparent who he was referring to.

'Has the dark magic been prepared yet?'
Claude pondered this as he eventually exited the room.

~~~
Lilian York's Pov

"How could His Majesty be so insensitive? His Majesty can't deny it, but the princess is still his child."

Where have you gone, princess? Are you perfectly alright?

I apologize for not being able to protect your daughter, Lady Diana. I did everything in my power.

I pondered sadly as I clutched my skirt in accordance with my current feelings of resentment and sorrow.

"Please stay safe. Princess Athanasia" I felt like crying to just let out all of the emotions I'm going through right now. But before I could, I heard a distant shout of my name.