𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟏𝟒

[Font] - Flashback

~~~

 --

.. -- .--. . .-. ..-. . -.-. - / -.. . ... - .. -. -.--
[Three days ago]

...

Did the heavens really despise me so much? Why did this occur so quickly? especially when I'm outside of my own empire. I received news right away, but instead of receiving good news as I had hoped, I learned that my daughter had disappeared.

Why would a child be able to escape from my forces, which I have built to fight for my empire? Certainly heightened security is in place.

If I had just come home earlier and cared enough to observe some formalities toward the child in this empire, my daughter would not have gone missing in this manner.

She doesn't even resemble my daughter; she is frail, lacks Daianira's impeccable manners, is laid-back, and unquestionably has an easy trust for those around her. Nevertheless, I am required to work with her even if she is the complete opposite of my daughter.

She seemed to be attached to me because I saved her from her miserable luck when she decided to flee the palace, but unfortunately, I'm not as kind as she thinks I am. I learned the news while we were walking through the palace as she requested.

I recall my reaction as soon as I heard the news all too well;

When will she finally learn to stop talking? her fairy tales never seem to stop

~~~

I sighed and looked down at the person sitting next to me. She appeared to be sad, but who was I to pass judgment? Claude is now her father, not me, and I am with my daughter.

She went on to discuss her interactions with her instructor, who was unfortunately mean to her, but as she spoke about how resilient she was, I just smiled. How should I respond?

It was just another peaceful day, but I was missing my daughter and felt more attached than ever. and just then, I heard a bird chipping clearly in my direction.

I quickly turned around because I recognized the sound as coming from our messenger bird. The palace would not ordinarily send a messenger bird if there were no urgent concerns, so I quickly excused myself and got ready for the bird to land on my arm.

When I finally got hold of it, I noticed that it had a note on its feet starting to ask what kind of news it was. The child looks perplexed, but I simply smiled as I swiftly undid the tie holding it to the bird and allowed it to sit on my shoulder.