Chapter 1

"You... you don't want me?"

"No."

"I don't understand. I thought ... I thought you loved me."

Edward smirked cruelly, leaning forward to whisper in her ear. The hair on her neck stood up from the coolness of his breath and his intoxicating scent that lulled her senses into a sense of calm and a seductive thrill.

"I lied."

"I don't understand, I tho-"

"You're nothing, Bella. You amused me but now I've grown bored."

Edward started to walk away and Bella foolishly ran after him,trying to keep up. Hoping he'd turn around and say he was just joking. A cruel joke but a joke nonetheless.

Bella ran the memories through her head of them together. Every touch and kiss. It all seemed so real. She thought they were mates.

Carlisle had mentioned that they were like he and Esme were. Forever entwined, there could be no one without the other.

"I thought I was your mate, you said-"

That stopped Edward in his tracks, he turned around slowly, his brows furrowed in mock confusion.

"Mates? Bella, you were never my mate. I never said you were. My mate is out there but it's not you. It was never you."

Pain shot through Bella's chest and her knees gave way.

Edward looked down at her in mock pity and smirked.

"What a stupid, pathetic little lamb. She followed the lion foolishly and is now surprised when she learnt that you were nothing but amusement."

Bella clutched her chest as her breathing went ragged and laboured. But Edward wasn't finished tearing a hole in her chest.

"I've been around for a century, Bella. Do you honestly think that I have never come across a more interesting, more beautiful human than you? You are nothing special. The only thing remotely interesting about you is the silence your mind holds but perhaps it just shows what truly runs through it. Nothing."

Bella heard someone sobbing and realized seconds later it was her. She couldn't catch her breath and her head started to spin. She felt cold and empty as if the blood in her veins had turned into ice.

"Don't make this harder for yourself. The sight of you makes me sick and just confirms how truly pathetic you are. Move on. Grow old like the rest of your pathetic kind and die off."

Bella fell on her heads, gasping. Trying to catch her breath, her vision now going blurry.

"Actually, I should just tell you and be honest. The Volturi will be on their way shortly. An "anonymous" person informed them of a human who knew of our existence. Consider it me tying up lose ends so to speak." Edward smirked cruelly again.

Bella whimpered not in fear for her own life but her father's. Carlisle explained who they were a month ago when he was once again cleaning up after one of her clumsy accidents. There was a painting of The Kings and Carlisle. They looked lethal and emotionless. Bella battled to understand how kind hearted Carlisle had been in their company and still remained good , he told her of their cruelty when it came to humans and those not in their coven. They held no mercy.

"Please, Edward.  I'm begg-"

"Goodbye, Isabella. I will leave you with a few kind words. I hope your end is quick and the pain is fleeting."

He gave Bella one last smirk and then he was gone. As if he was never there to begin with.

Bella's body finally gave in and she fell to the ground in a heap, everything going black.