What The Hell Is A Feeder?

I hope you like the idea of this story! Please let me know your thoughts.

Damon groaned as he woke up. Then, he startled, recalling his last memory, of Elijah snapping his neck. The raven sat up and realised that he lay on a very comfortable bed. For a second, the Salvatore debated whether he was dreaming or not. However, a quick pinch to the arm confirmed its reality. As the raven made to get up, the door of the bedroom opened. He tensed up, ready to attack the person.

Damon sped to the person at the door but got held and stopped in his tracks by an extended hand, that secured him in place as it wrapped around his shoulder. The raven hissed in pain at the clutch. "Good morning Damon," greeted Elijah pleasantly. The Salvatore finally got released and he massaged his shoulder. "I see you're finally awake, that was a long nap. You must've been exhausted," stated the original.

Damon flinched, the Original was right. He was exhausted, perhaps not physically, as he's a vampire, but mentally he was. The past few months had taken quite a toll on him. Especially regarding Katherine. The raven needed a break from all of the chaos but couldn't afford the rest. It was taxing and rather annoying, for an immortal who was supposed to have an abundance of time, be unable to afford the free time, to relax.

"I'm assuming you're also hungry," said Elijah and revealed a blood bag to Damon. The younger was sceptical.

"Why are you offering me blood?" He asked the Original. Elijah was smiling softly at him which bothered Damon to no end. The original was either playing with him or found him so harmless, that he treated Damon as a house guest rather than a hostage. Either way, he was clearly taunting Damon and succeeding in getting on his nerves.

"Because I need you to keep your strength," Elijah responded and pushed the blood bag into the younger's arms. Damon wanted to throw the bag, back into Elijah's face but his hunger was strong. He also theorised, that if the older wished him dead, then he'd be dead already. Damon sipped from the straw and his eyes widened.

"Wow, it's good!" He exclaimed in question. Elijah chuckled at the expression Damon wore and walked closer to him.

"I'm aware," responded the older. "Jonah has a spell to maintain the blood's freshness," he explained. Damon drank a little more comfortably now, that he tested the blood. He gave Elijah an observant glance, trying to decipher what the older hoped to achieve. Then, Damon was reminded of important detail.

"What happened to John?" He asked the older.

"John Gilbert is comfortably sitting in my guest bedroom," replied Elijah uninterestedly.

"So what're you gonna do now? Use us as bargaining chips?" Inquired the raven with a glare.

"Not exactly. John is my guarantee for Elena to keep her word. As for you..." Elijah came closer to Damon causing the younger to tense up. The original didn't care and continued his move by placing a hand on Damon's neck. He used his thumb to caress Damon's Adam's apple. The younger's breath hitched but he tried to hide his fear, as he saw Elijah gaze hungrily at his neck.