two.

MACK AND BRADY BROKE UP and Lana couldn't be more upset.

She had given the couple time to talk alone and when Mack returned to her with tear-filled eyes she quite literally felt her heart drop. Her heart was then ground into tiny pieces when Mack explained how she would be leaving with her aunt to finish the rest of high school at a more serious place.

The next day Brady had texted her to meet him at the beach. Lana didn't bother questioning him, as she already knew what he was planning.

"What's up?" the two greeted Mack. She looked at them with a smile. "How did you guys know I was gonna be here?"

"I knew you couldn't stay away from surf like this."

Lana thought it was bittersweet. She didn't voice it out loud, scared of making things worse, but that's what she felt.

The blonde had never used a surfboard in her life and took joy in watching Mack "ride the waves", but today was different. It would be the last time she'd see her surf for who knows how long.

"Guys, I'm glad you came... but I told you-"

"-I just came to watch you surf, not to propose," Brady teased.

Mack looked out to the waves and nudged Lana with her elbow. "Okay. Check out what I'm about to do," she said before running off.

"Good luck!" Lana called out after her.

After a while, Big Poppa had joined the two. "Hey bros," he greeted.

"You gotta see this. She's rippin' it."

"Yeah," he said before shaking his head. "I don't like the looks of this sky, Brady."

Lana tore her eyes away from Mack to check out the weather and immediately felt anxious. She looked back to the waves, searching for Mack, only to have her anxiety worsen when she noticed surfers begin to fall off their boards.

"You're right. That doesn't look good. She's gotta get in. This looks bad."

Brady's commentary didn't help her nerves and Lana stepped closer to the water, still finding no trace of Mack. "Mack?" She called out when she noticed surfers returning. Brady tapped her shoulder and pointed to the sea and there she noticed Mack who was looking back at them. She looked tiny in comparison to the crashing waves. The lifeguard began waving a red flag and Mack ignored it, turning her head back to the waves in front of her.

"What is she doing?" Brady questioned, panic laced in his voice.

"She's not paddling in. This isn't good."

Lana looked to Brady and he glanced at her before running off. She ran after him.

"Brady, what are you doing?!"

He grabbed two life jackets and threw one at her, gesturing towards a nearby jet ski. "Follow me, hurry!"

He leapt onto the jetski and Lana jumped in after. They took off and it didn't take long before they found Mack, who was staring out into the ocean.

Brady shouted. "Mack! Come on, don't do it!"

"No, I have to!"

"Mack, please!" Lana pleaded.

Brady shook his head. "Don't do it! Mack!" Mack didn't budge and turned to look at the wave in front of her. Lana cried out helplessly when the said wave came crashing down, taking her best friend along with it.

Brady stopped the jetski and Lana knew what he was about to do. And she'd be damned if she let him handle this by himself. She held her breath before jumping in, her heart pounding in her ears.

A/N: As you can probably tell, I have no ounce of knowledge when it comes to surfing or jet skis.

This was a short chapter, but it was either this or a very long first chapter.

Don't forget to comment, vote, and/or share! Feedback is always appreciated!