Night Mess

Jennie parks the car right in front of the house before she walks, almost runs, to the passenger door. When she opens it, her eyes immediately meet Jisoo's with Rosie still clings tightly at the older one. Jisoo takes deep breathes and exhales, trying to push down every frustration she felt as much as she can.

After nearly an hour without able to persuade the other girl to let go of her, Jisoo decided that she needs help so she called the first person she had in mind, her younger sister. After a quick but effective explanation (which consist of Jisoo pulled her hair in frustration, pointed to the girl in her embrace, and let out gibberish sound with no real words uttered yet Jennie understood the message anyway) the younger Kim drove to their house and that's how three of them end up in here.

Jisoo looks down at the girl in her arms who's still shivering with mouth keeps moving against the brown haired girl's shirt "I can hear him. Still hear him. Whispering in my ears."

"Can you carry her inside?" Jisoo looks up at her sister because of that question before she turns her eyes back to Rosie. With a deep breath, she tightens her arms around the other girl and tries to get up but she's only able to lift her butt an inch off the seat before it returns back to the passenger seat. Jennie rolls her eyes. "You're so weak."

Jisoo glares at the younger Kim as she moves her finger to point at the shivering girl in her embrace, then moves that finger to Jennie, and, with the same finger, points to herself and Rosie. Once again there's no words uttered but once again Jennie still gets the message so she says, "How come we carry her together with the way she keeps clinging at you?"

A groan makes its way through Jisoo's throat but then Rosie's hold on her gets tighter and the groan ends up come out as choke sound instead. Jisoo curses out loud in her head. Don't get her wrong. She understands this girl is scared but that doesn't mean she appreciates to be squished like a teddy bear. Unlike teddy bear, she's made of meat, skin, and bone, which can break if the grip just gets tighter and tighter.

To make matter worse, Rosie suddenly moves her face to Jisoo's neck, burying it into the bare skin while Jisoo now can feel the lips that keeps continuing their hurried whisper "Mom. Mom, where are you? I want you here. The boy. The whisper can't stop. It can't stop. In my ears." and something wet touched her skin. The older girl frowns at the last one. What is that? Tears?

One of Jisoo's hand moves to the younger girl's shoulder, trying to separate the latter from her, but when she realizes she's unable to, Jisoo stifles a frustrated groan. That hand then rakes Rosie's hair while the older girl moves her head down to whisper at the former's ear, "Rosie, can you hear me? Come on, I know you can hear me. Focus at my voice. Just focus at my voice, just at Jisoo's voice."

Rosie finally reacts. Jisoo can see the other girl turns her head a little and her fear filled eyes (with slight tears clearly visible) meet Jisoo's. The girl's lips then part to mutter softly and brokenly, "Jisoo."

Jisoo moves her lips closer to the younger girl's ear as she whispers again, "You'll be all right. I'll make sure of it, you'll be all right, but now I need you to cooperate. Can you understand me, Rosie?"

Rosie's scared eyes don't leave Jisoo's while the former says again, "Keep talking. Please keep talking."

That's not an answer Jisoo hopes for but at least they get somewhere so she keeps talking, "I'll keep talking and I'll help you more but I can't do this alone. Can you walk, Rosie? We need to go to somewhere better than this."

Her eyes are still wide but Rosie makes a slight movement of nod and, even though it's only a little, her death grip on the older girl slackens. Jisoo quickly looks at her sister who, as usual, gets the message. She knows she's never amazing at words so what Jisoo can whisper to Rosie's ear is the same things over and over again but somehow they're able to ease the girl, making the latter more cooperative. That and the sister's teamwork make Jisoo and Jennie able to half carry Rosie to Jisoo's room. The oldest girl is just about to put Rosie on her bed but the girl pulls the brown haired girl with her, making those two tumble down to the mattress. Sound of heavy breaths is the next thing that can be heard after that.