Chapter 2

"One signal and i will help you get out of here, no questions asked." Siddharth told Meera jokingly. "I mean, we all know no woman in his right mind would agree to get married to Vikrant."

Vikrant looked at him, visibly offended. "Not even an insane woman would get married to you, Siddharth bhai. Aapke liye toh definitely kisi ko kidnap karke laana padega." He retorted. 

Shehnaaz chuckled, giving Siddharth a sly once over. 

"What are you doing here, Vicky? You and Meera are not supposed to be together." Siddharth informed his cousin. "Your mom is going to be disappointed."

"She knows."

"Speaking of moms--" Shehnaaz piped in, interrupting the brothers' banter. "Your mom is looking for you Siddharth."

Siddharth frowned. "Do you know why?" He asked.

"She's your mom. Why would she tell me?" Shehnaaz asked curiously.

"Because you're practically best-friends with her." Siddharth responded carelessly. "It's been two days since we're here and she's spent more time with you than she has with her own son." 

Shehnaaz grinned. "That's true."

"What does she want?" Siddharth asked.

Shehnaaz shrugged.

"Come on, plane girl." Siddharth whined.

"Will you get me a huge teddy in return?" Shehnaaz asked innocently.

Siddharth felt a fond smile tug at the corner of his lips while he responded. Oh she was adorable 

"I'll find out on my own." Siddharth said. "I don't need you."

Shehnaaz raised her eyebrow at him. "Sure about that, sleepy-head?"

Siddharth nodded. "I'm not a sleepy-head."

Shehnaaz grinned. "Sure you are, Siddharth. You slept through four of your alarms and I still remember the cranky man you turned into on the plane." She said cheekily. "Besides, do you even know where Rita aunty is?"

"She's gotta be here somewhere." Siddharth shrugged.

"You need me, Mr. Charmer." Shehnaaz ran her fingers across his right cheek flirtatiously.

***

Shehnaaz stumbled across the hall to Siddharth's side and slumped on the chair next to his. "This is crazy."

"You're drunk."

"Tipsy."

Siddharth rolled his eyes, "You can't even see straight." 

Shehnaaz groaned, leaning against his shoulder. "I'm pretty sure I didn't have enough alcohol to end up like this." She whined.

Siddharth chuckled, wrapping his hand around hers, "It's okay. Try to relax."

"My brother won't be happy." Shehnaaz said quietly.

"He won't know."

Shehnaaz shifted slightly to look at Siddharth directly. Siddharth was smiling at her. "You're good, Mr. Charmer." She said softly.

"You're good too. You're the best." He said softly.

Shehnaaz giggled. "Promise?" 

Siddharth nodded. 

"Would it be totally inappropriate if I kissed your nose?" Shehnaaz asked cutely.

Siddharth's eyes widened slightly at the unusual request. "I don't think so."