Vaaste (2)

There was still silence in the car, which none of them tried to break. Neither they could if wanted to.

Although, they have grown up together, but never they have been alone. Anaya was always scared of Hatim, she would not stand in a room if Hatim is present, and today, she was alone with him in his car. He was the only one whom she thought of when wanting to leave that house.

"How's Mami?" Hatim broke the uncomfortable silence and asked.

"Huh? She is fine." Looking at her hands, she replied.

•••

Anaya's mother, Geeti Sarwar lived in Mumbai with her second husband and his family. After Anaya's graduation, Geeti called Anaya there to live with them. From last year, Anaya was there, and never once she felt like she is at home or with her family. She missed her home, Inara's house, which was more like her home than her own mother's house. Ishrat was more like a mother to her than Geeti could ever be.

•••

"Anaya!" Inara was the first one who saw Anaya entering the house, and she loudly shouted. Eman, who was sitting just beside her, jumped in fright due to Inara's loud voice.

Cushion, which was on Inara's lap, she threw it away and ran to Anaya.

"Anaya! Anaya! Anaya! Tum...." She quickly squeezed Anaya in her arms and started jumping in happiness.

"Tum kab ayi?" Inara was still loud, her voice brought Ishrat and Rahab from their room, and seeing Anaya there made both of them worried.

"Andar chalo pehle." Hatim told her, strictly.

Inara bit her off her smile. Hatim was the first one who went inside, and behind him, Inara once again smiled big and hugged Anaya from the side, entering together with her.

"Anaya beta, itni subah? Tumne bataya nahi tum aney wali ho." Ishrat asked her on breakfast table.

"Fuppi, woh.. Darasal..." Anaya started saying while looking around, she didn't know what to say to them. When her eyes fall on Hatim, as if he understood her hesitation.

"Ammi, surprise beena bataye hi dete hain." Hatim said.

"Aur achha hua na tum agayi. Warna iss ladki ne toh mujhe bore kar diya tha. Mujhe laga iska school complete hua hai, hum masti karenge lekin yeh ladki pichle do saal se neet kar rahi hai. Iss baar teesra attempt. Iss baar toh clear ho jayega na?" Inara was dramatically telling this to Anaya as if she was about to die out of boredom, later, she turned to Eman and asked her about her upcoming exam.

"Ho jayega clear." Fixing her specs, Eman sticks out her tongue at Inara.

"Ho jayega clear." With maturity, Inara mimicks Eman.

"Achha, Anaya, Mumbai mein tum beach pe gayi thi..." Inara again focuses on her best friend.

"Kitni baar kaha hai khane ke time na kiya karo itni baatein. Nashta karo. Baki baatein baad mein karna." Hatim once again scolded Inara.

Inara instantly bowed her head down to her plate.

•••

"Achha hua aap agayi, Anaya aapi, ab hum bohot mazey karenge. Agle hafte se functions bhi toh start hone wale haina." Eman, Inara, and Anaya were in Inara's room where they were talking about everything to anything.

"Kaise functions?" Cluelessly, Anaya asked.

Inara's face turned as she started fidgeting her dupatta.

"Maine kya miss kiya?"

"Ab main kya batau..." Smiling shyly, Inara mumbles.

"Dupatta khana bandh karo aur jo sach hai woh batao..." Anaya suggested. Inara, who was trying to hide her face with her dupatta, quickly put it down.