Vaaste (6)

Inaya's engagement preparation was going on in full swing, whole house was packed with guests, kids were running around, playing while all the family members were busy.

"Anaya!" Anaya was in the kitchen, making tea for Haider when someone called her.

Anaya was always busy with something or another, she never gets rest, but still was happily doing everything. She was happy because Inaya was happy.

"Anaya!" Ishrat called her when Anaya was returning to kitchen after helping Mahira Aunty to find her phone.

"Kitna kaam karogi? Thora aram karlo. Abhi thori derr mein bhai log ajayenge fir tumhe aur fursat nahi milegi." Ishrat advices her.

"Fuppi, main theek hoon. Zyada kaam nahi hai. Bas Hatim bhai ko chai deni thi bas." Anaya dismissed her worry with a smile.

"Ek toh yeh Hatim bhi na. Bewaqt chai chahiye hoti hai." Ishrat disapprovingly shook her head on her son.

Anaya didn't know what else to say, so she just went to kitchen to take tea for Hatim.

Hatim was helping with decoration in the aangan, when Anaya went there, she was holding tray with two cups on it, one for Hatim and one for his friend, who was the organiser.

Hatim's back turned to her, as Anaya slowly went to him, she was about to call him, but Hatim turned to her, he was talking to someone on his phone, and was signing the worker where to put flowers, his hand knocked the tray off from her hand.

The tray and cups fall down, shattering as the tea spills on Anaya's lemon green kurti, staining it and burning her too.

"Anaya! I am so sorry. Tum theek ho." Quickly disconnecting the call, Hatim went to her. Taking his handkerchief out, he helped her to clean it.

Anaya's beautiful eyes were filled with tears as her stomach burned.

"Anaya!" Worriedly, Hatim was cleaning her kurti when raised his head to look at her.

Anaya also turned to look at him, both of them got startled when realised how close they were. Their faces were inches apart only.

Hatim's strong perfume hit Anaya's smelling sense, as heat erupt on her cheeks.

Abruptly, Anaya took a fee steps back, only to get bumped into something behind her, she was about to fall but Hatim quickly hold her waist.

"Theek ho?" Helping her to stand up properly, Hatim asked.

Anaya couldn't say anything, as her breath hitches, she was bothered by his closeness, nodding her head, she quickly ran away.

•••

Larke wale has arrived, it was the function of engagement but larke wale's entry was no less than a baraat, they went extravagant with their entrance, while larki wale's welcome was no less than that.

Inaya was wearing a beautiful blue lehenga, she was looking like a princess. But she wasn't feeling nervous or anxiety at all like a normal girl. She was happily laughing and talking with her sisters-in-law, who were also her cousins, that's why no one minded her extrovert behaviour.