Vaaste (3)

"Inara, yaha fuppi nahi hain jo raat ko tumhare liye pasta banaye, jo bhi hai kha lo." Inara was raiding in the fridge while Anaya was standing just beside her.

"Haan lekin yeh chicken ka salan humne raat mein khaya tha na, main ab yeh nahi khaungi. Batao ek toh yeh log fridge mein cake, chocolate, ice cream wagera rakhte hi nahi." Taking a casserole out, Inara opened its lid and her nose cringed when found chicken gravy and she turned to Anaya, angrily.

"Tum kal sabse keh dena na ki tumhare liye cake, chocolate rakha kare fridge mein." Irritation was filled in Anaya's voice for Inara, she was looking at the door from time to time, afraid if someone comes there and found them near the fridge, what would they think.

"Sahi, keh rahi ho tum, Anaya, main kal kahungi Chachu se ki...." Before Inara could finish her sentence, a manyl voice came from outside.

"Kon hai waha?"

Thus voice made both Anaya and Inara froze for a moment as they looked at each other.

"Bhabhi?" The voice again called. Inara recognized that voice as Omar's, he was the second son of her chachu.

His footsteps were coming near the kitchen and both Anaya and Inara felt a chill in their spine. What would he think if found them raiding in the kitchen like that?

Without even thinking, Inara made a sound . "Meow!"

Anaya mentally smacked her forehead and pinched Inara.

Inara put her finger over her lips and asked her to bend down. They both sat down and started making their way to the kitchen's exit.

Inara's plan may have worked, Omar thought it was a cat but Inara herself revealed it wasn't a cat.

"Fridge toh bandh kiya hi nahi." Inara whispered, but her voice was loud in the piercing silence of the night.

"Kon?" Omar, who was still in the dining room, asked, as he stood up and decided to turn on the light.

"Shit!" Inara's eyes widened as she looked at Anaya, who shook her head negatively in disappointment.

"Bhago!" Inara whispers and both girl quickly stood up to run.

Omar's back was facing them as he turned on the light, the loud noise of footsteps made him turn back.

The guest room was downstairs, and Anaya already entered the room, but Inara, who was just behind her, was a little slow,  and Omar got a glimpse of her going to her room.

"Inara!" Confusingly, he asked himself.

•••

"Haan toh isme meri kya galti thi? Billi ki awaz nikalne ka idea tumhara tha, mera nahi." Anaya asked.

"Lekin mafi nama likhne ka idea tumhara tha na." Inara, who was still dreaming about that night, narrowed her eyes at Anaya and snapped.

Ashamedly, Anaya looked away. It was indeed her plan to write a sorry note to Omar.

•••

"Anaya, Omar bhai ne mujhe dekh liya. Kya karu main? Pata nahi woh kya soch rahe honge mere barey mein." Walking around the room nervously, Inara asked her.

"So jao, aur dua karo subah tak Omar bhai sab bhool jaye." Anaya, who was sitting on the bed, suggested.

While Inara was worried that Omar saw her, Anaya regretted that they couldn't get the food after so much struggle.