Prologue

Now, before you skip to chapter one, I will need you to read this. I doubt you will be able to fully understand this book without some context of the situation these people are in, as it's moderately confusing.

Firstly, this does not take place on our Planet Earth, but in an interdimensional planet, thousands of light years away from us.

It consists of four dimensions.

The Overgrown is the first— quite like Earth, but with zero human pollution: imagine endless forests, lush grasslands and thriving oceans; the residents of the world living in harmony with everything around them.

Infernia is the second. Lands of fire, magma instead of water, the sky an ashy-red— but it isn't all wasteland. There are forests, consisting of flameproof foliage, and in their own right, they're a beauty to behold.

Third is Immanis. This is the monster realm— the place where all monsters are created and sent into the other dimensions. As you can imagine, it isn't the most hospitable place, but there are many people living in unexpected harmony with the creatures.

Secondly, there are gods. By gods, I mean a bunch of immortal people running around and either causing chaos or trying to stop other gods from causing chaos.

Most gods are from the 4th Dimension, but a few are born out of the thing they're god of, such as nature gods.

The 4th Dimension is often called a myth. No mortal can access it, as it can only be visited if it wants to be visited. Despite this, three mortals have been able to visit it. Only one of them is still alive.

And finally, each dimension— apart from the 4th Dimension— has its own monarch. The Overgrown is ruled over by King Rowan, and he has ruled since he was fourteen. Immanis is ruled by queens Lavina and Elysia (well, Elysia is technically the god of Death, but they're married to Lavina, so they rule together). And Infernia..

Well, there's a coronation taking place right now.

I won't bore you with my account of this event. Instead, I'll pass you on to Rowan. His day was far more exciting than mine.