I I

Early update!!

___________________________________________________________

Aparna

"Tum?! Tum yaha kya kar rahi ho?" The she-devil standing in front of me, also known as my mother, asked.

"Hello to you too, mother." I calmly replied, taking in my parents' glaring forms. Mr. Oberoi and Antara didn't try to hide the fact that they were shocked to hear the big revelation.

My mother's face went from confusion to anger in a span of few seconds. "You are here to see if she is dead, aren't you? After all, you are the one who killed her." She viciously whispered.

My face scrunched up in confusion, "Killed who?" 

"Your sister! You murderer! You killed your own sister." She hysterically stated. I turned to my father, who had the same look in his eyes like his wife.

"What the hell are you talking about? And what does Shri have anything to do with me being he-" I stopped my rant when the puzzle clicked in place. "Oh no! Is that Shri?" I asked, pointing towards the door of the ICU ward.

"Well, you tell us. Aren't you the one you sent goons to kill her?" Aai asked, jabbing her index finger in my personal space.

To say I was shocked and offended would be the understatement of the year. What the hell did she take me for?

"What are you talking about, Aai. I am here for my fiancé." I stated.

She scoffed at my reason, not believing me. Well, how could she? I had never told her about my engagement. There was no reason. I was no longer related to them after they had disowned me seven years ago.

"Like we will believe you! Jahan tak hum jante hai, you are still single. So don't give me such useless reasons." Mother dearest countered back.

"Well, I would have told you if you would've cared. Aren't you the one who disowned me? Besides, my sister is married with a kid, so its not like I'm the only one keeping secrets." I deadpanned. She has no right to talk about my personal life if she doesn't like to tell me about hers.

I then turned to Mr. Oberoi, just because I was feeling too confident today.

"Speaking of which, Namaste Jiju. I would have said that earlier if I had known about your existence." I said, giving him a sarcastically polite smile.

He still had the permanent scowl on his face. If you search 'scowling handsome face', I'm sure his will be the first one in the results. That isn't really necessary though, considering he must be having a Wikipedia page of his own and what not.

Thinking your brother-in-law is handsome isn't wrong, right?

Meh! Who cares? Its not like I am going to meet him ever again.

"Do you even know who the hell you are spea-" My father started talking for the first time since he came here when a doctor coming from Mohit's ward interrupted him.

"Relatives of Mohit Shah?" He asked. I immediately pushed forward, followed by Antara. I knew it was time by the look on the doctor's face and his next words confirmed it.

"I am sorry to inform you that he has flatlined. He is no more." The doctor said. A single tear left my eyes. Nothing more and nothing less. To be honest, I had prepared myself for this news since last night, so it didn't shock me as much. Yes, I was sad but that doesn't mean I have to wail my eyes out if he isn't coming back.

"Can one of you please come with me and complete the formalities?" He continued. Antara volunteered to go but I stopped her. I knew more about him than she did and I immediately needed to get away from my parents.

Mohit grew up in an orphanage, so there was no family who could possibly hold a funeral for him. So, I decided to write to the authorization committee for permission to donate his organs. 

Done with the hospital, I walked my way back to the ICU ward corridor where Antara was waiting for me.

"Let's go, Antara." I said. She nodded and followed me out of the hospital, all the while my parents eyed me with distaste. Mr. Oberoi and his son were nowhere to be seen.

"Your sister is conscious. She called for her husband and son to talk to them. Doctors say she can lose consciousness any second and die." Antara informed me as soon as we settled on her scooty. Another tear escaped my eyes and I clutched my necklace in hopes of calming my nerves.

All the way home, I couldn't help but think about all the little conversations I had with Mohit or my childhood with my sister. We never really talked much but there were instances when we had to and at those moments, we used to be the best of friends. But among all these things, a pair of grey eyes was stuck at the back of my mind; the only problem being, I didn't know who they exactly belonged to... Mr. Oberoi or his son.

I didn't realize that we had reached our apartment amidst all my thoughts. Only when we reached the parking lot of our seven story building and the scooty stopped in a jerk did I come out of them.

I immediately rushed to the bathroom as soon as Antara opened the door and turned on the shower. Stripping off my clothes, I stood under the shower, the blazing hot water somehow calming my nerves. I didn't realize when the waterworks started but I have to say I wasn't shocked. Mohit's accident, his memories, his death, my sister, my so-called parents, my childhood; everything had completely drained me. I was mentally exhausted and though I strongly believed that 'crying gets you nowhere', a small part of me really needed the emotional release.

Drying myself up, I changed into a huge t-shirt and shorts and plopped on my bed. I was about to pass out from the prostration when my phone ringing brought stopped me.

Who the fuck wants to die now?

Nadia Qureshi

Oh shit! I am so losing my job today!

"Hello?" I meekly whispered, ready for my friend's cursing.

But instead, I was greeted by her calm voice. Which is very rare, by the way. 

"Thank me later." She said.

"Huh?" I stupidly muttered in confusion.

She clicked her tongue in annoyance. "Bitch, I said thank me later. I have saved your ass this time for a change. Told Gabbar that you were having malaria. Where the fuck are you anyways?" 

There she is!

"Mohit was in an accident. He died." I informed her, keeping it as short as possible.

"Did I call Antara? Eh, not my problem that both of their names start with A," I hear her muttering to herself before she got back to me, "Antara, honey, I know you don't like the fucker; I don't too, but you shouldn't be wishing his death." 

Ugh, what did I do to deserve such stupid friends?

"I am Aparna and Mohit really, seriously died. I was in the hospital all night." I sighed.

There was some shuffling on the other end before Nadia let out a string of curses.

"Fuck, you are serious." Took you long enough.

"Fine, I will handle it here. You just... do whatever you do when your fiancé dies." She said before hanging up.

Sighing to myself, I set the phone back on my nightstand and fell into a dreamless sleep.

Word count: 1256 words

Next update: 12th November

_____3_____