V I

Aparna

"Check this file too, Miss Sawant." Grishma mam, also known as Gabbar, said as she handed me a file. It is nine o'clock and she still hasn't moved an inch from her chair. I was so tired that my limbs had almost given out and I am sure I will faint any second if I don't put some food in my system. I haven't eaten anything other than my breakfast and let me tell you, I CANNOT handle hunger.

But, I had to suck it up anyways, so I just nodded my head at her and went back to my cabin. I am Assistant branch manager and she is a post higher than me.

 I just can't wait for her to retire.

My phone brought my head out of the file and I shut my eyes in annoyance as soon as I saw the name flashing on the screen.

"It is nine fifteen at night Aparna! Are you kidding me right now? Have you at least left the office or are you planning on becoming nocturnal now?" Antara yelled from the other side as I winced at the loud voice.

"I am still at work Antara and I will most probably leave in an hour or so." I calmly said. Being calm while I am hungry is very difficult in case you all were wondering.

"Did you have lunch?" Dammit! I wasn't calm enough.

Antara knows me too well considering I have been living with her for approximately seven years now. She probably knows me more than I know myself.

Now, here's the thing. I don't want to go home and then stare at a random bruise and ask it where it came from. So, I decided lying was my best option.

"Haa baba. I had two sandwiches." I said. Antara somehow believed my lie, not before telling me to be back as soon as possible and hung up the call.

____________________________________________________________

An hour later, Gabbar finally let me leave. Standing in front of the staff elevator, I was digging through my purse to see if I at least had a chocolate to put inside my stomach when the indicator pinged. The lift door opened and standing in front of me, in his oh-so glory, was Mr. Oberoi. And his PA, but that's not important.

So fucking exciting!

Not.

His eyes widened when he saw me and I did not miss the way they swept over my form, subtly checking me out. Too bad I was in shock to acknowledge it.

"Mr. Oberoi? What are you doing here?" I asked him, stepping inside the lift.

"Meeting." He grunted out with a blank expression on his face. Can't this man form a proper sentence?

I just nodded my head in understanding and the lift fell into an awkward silence. Like, not literally fell but you know what I mean, right?

I always feel annoyed in his presence. It isn't anything specific he does. Just his presence irks me. Probably because of how dominating his aura is. Or because of the sex appeal packed in him. 

"How are you going home?" He suddenly asked, making me look at him in shock. He still had the expressionless face on and he wasn't even looking at me but the way his PA was eyeing me, practically urging me to answer, proved that he was talking to me.

"Uh... bus?" I said, though it came more as a question. He glanced at me for a second or two and went back to staring at the lift door. I thought it was a simple question which ended with my answer but I suppose it wasn't.

"I will drop you off." He said. I opened my mouth to protest but guess what? He cut me off.

"This is non-negotiable." He gazed at me firmly just as the lift dinged open on the first floor. What the hell is taking this thing to move that slow?

Daksh, a man working in the accounts department and the biggest flirt to walk on Earth, walked inside the lift. His eyes immediately caught mine and then swept over my body, making me squirm.

Funny how it didn't make you uncomfortable when Mr. Oberoi did the same thing a few seconds ago.

What is it with men and checking me out? I look absolutely fine and even my clothes are very decent.

"Hello, beautiful.  Aren't you from graphic department? " Daksh asked me, practically undressing me with his eyes. To be completely honest, he looked fine. Probably the reason why he was so confident. The only time I spoke to him though, would be at the grand party two years back when Mr. Reddy passed on his CEO position to his son, Aditya Reddy.

I stiffly nodded my head in approval, trying my best not to catch his attention. It was a very bad thing- catching his attention- or so I have heard. Plus, how weird would it be if a random guy I last spoke with two years ago, started heavily flirting with me in front of a man I had signed a marriage contract with?

The lift opened again, thankfully on the parking floor and before I could move out, Mr. Oberoi swiftly wrapped his hand around mine and pulled me with him. It was the second time now that his comparatively huge, rough hand was holding my smaller and softer one.

He pulled me along with him to a dapper looking black Lamborghini. Yeah, the one with the weirdly opening doors.

"Who was that?" He calmly asked. His steel gray eyes bore deep into mine and I couldn't help but stare back.

"Who was who?" I meekly asked.

"The guy in the lift." He said the words as if they burned his tongue.

"Daksh. Daksh Advani. Why?" A gasp left my lips as he pushed me against the car and rested a hand beside my head.

"Because he was... nothing." He sighed, raking a hand through his hair. Instead of answering me, he ignored my questioning stare and pulled me away from the door and opened it. 

Now here is the thing. I am pissed. First of all, he had practically ordered me to go home with him and I absolutely hate to be ordered around. Then, he had left a sentence incomplete, something I wasn't a very huge fan of. And last, but not the least; he kept man-handling me like I was some sort of a toy which, as you can see, I am of course not. So, on natural instinct, I closed the door of the Lamborghini- which I was very unsure about at first- and turned towards him, glaring my eyes out.

"Do not man handle me, Mr. Oberoi. I don't care who you are and how much money you have, you will not man handle me ever again." I seethed, glaring at him.

"And I don't care what you think, you will get in the car and I will drive you home." He countered back, in a deathly whisper.

Still maintaining eye contact with me, Mr. Oberoi opened the car door again and I settled myself inside, glaring just as hard.

He slammed the door close and walked to the other side of the car and got in. Great, you pissed of a billionaire!

We drove in silence, non of us uttering a single word. He stopped the car in front of my building gate.

I opened the door and was about to walk out when he grabbed my wrist. I turned to look at him and found his gray eyes already staring into mine. Which reminds me, I have to ask him to stop doing that. It is distracting as hell.

"Our engagement is next Sunday. Be prepared."  

What the actual fuck!?

Also, I am hungry as hell!

____________________________X______________________________

Word count: 1305 words

Next update: 22 December

I know the update was supposed to be on 13th. I also know that I am practically a week late. But hey! I tried my best. 

*slowly hides away from angry readers*

_____6_____