chapter fourteen

FOURTEEN

Reaching for his phone beside him, he slowly fluttered his eyes opened, reading the id but it written, "unknown"

He groaned and sat up on his bed before answering the phone call.

"who's this?" he asked with his deep, raspy voice.

"felix..."

His eyes immediately went as wide as possible before he straightens his back and blinked multiple times. "Haemin...?" he quietly muttered and the person on the other line hummed.

"where the heck are you? please tell me you're fine" he muttered as quiet as possible not wanting the other members to hear him.

"I'm fine..." she said before sighing, "Jiu unnie must told you about me at hospital, I'm already discharge a few days ago" she explained and he sighed in relief.

"a policeman saved me"

Her words made his heart stop beating as he cleared his throat. "what?" he asked and the girl sighed. "a policeman saved me, he brought me to hospital, he found me when I ran away from Jisuk"

Felix furrowed his eyebrows, "then did he know about what happened to you?"

"that's the thing... I told him I will explain everything to him since I'm still trauma over what just happened- I'm staying with him now since I have nowhere to go"

Felix shut his mouth shut before he looked down on the floor. "what should I do, Felix...?"

Felix gulped hard before sighing heavily, taking a seat on the corner of his bed.

"just tell him the truth, everything, even about us"

"what?! Felix! I can't do that to you and Changbin!"

Felix closed his eyes before pinching the bridge of his nose, "just tell him everything Min, we all should be arrested, we did illegal things, we sell drugs and we take drugs- and not forgetting that we do kill innocent people to force them giving information, but you never did that so you won't be arrested with us"

"Felix-"

"this is your chance Haemin, you're almost there to escape from your nightmare... you want a brighter future, do you? then listen to me- don't worry about us, we deserve it after all"

"then how about Changbin...?"

Felix smiled weakly, "I'm sure he will think the same thing Haemin- so just tell them everything, you never even want to involve in this world, you were forced to"

"are you sure... that this is the right thing to do?"

Felix took a deep breath.

Hurt for him to admit, he doesn't want to stay forever in jail. But he chooses this, so pay with the consequence. He wants the girl to be free without anyone disturbing her life.

He wants the girl to finally find her happiness. Her happiness doesn't belong here.
He smiled and nodded his head slowly with his decision.

"yes"

"tell them everything Haemin, even about Kwon Jisuk, he's the only child in his family, so if he got caught, there's no more people continuing his job"

Haemin furrowed her eyebrows worriedly before sighing heavily.

"trust me Haemin.... I know you're afraid to become selfish- but just please, just this once think about yourself, not others- besides we all who the one choose to become like this even we know we shouldn't do it, we deserves to be arrested, right?"

Haemin pressed her lips into thin lines before sighing once again.
"fine"