VI || the spies

Wylie looked down in horror.

Below him, kneeling on the ground was Ruy Ignis and Alvar Vacker. Two of his four attackers and torturers. He could do nothing but stand there and stare, it was as if his body froze. Leaving him open and vulnerable.

Silver eye started talking, "We are so--," He got cut off right before he finished.

Everyone's eyes went to the big black crack in the middle of Everglen's living room. They watched as two figures toppled out. One having a mess of blonde hair and a dirty dress, the other a small child looking tree. It was Sophie and her gnome bodyguard.

"Ms. Foster," Mr. Forkle started, but she cut him off.

"You wouldn't believe...if I told...truth." She whispered, turning a pale shade of white. Then she dropped like a stone, a book being clutched in her hands.

All the guys rushed to catch her, but Tam got there first. He gently picked her up in a bridal style and gently set her down on a couch. When that was over all eyes went to the gnome, who was in turn looking at them with wide eyes.

"What in the hells are you all looking at?" She demanded, "Do you think I know anymore than you do about what happened? And you!" She fumed, pointing at Forkle, "You need to tell her sooner or later, or this will all bite you in the ass. She grew claws, Forkle, iron claws!

"She is showing signs, and you must tell her the truth. When she wakes up she's going to have no clue what is going on and think she is more of a freak!"

Wylie had no idea what was going on, and neither did anyone else. Forkle did though, and his cheeks were flushed in shame.

Forkle was going to say something, but Tam cut in, "We can talk about this later," He said, showing maturity far beyond his age, "We still have to deal with them," He nodded over to the Neverseen agents.

"I will say it again," Said Alvar, "We are so screwed," He ran a hand down his face, while his friend growled at him.

"No shit Sherlock, you don't need to state the obvious."

Everyone stepped towards them, but Glimmer stopped them from getting any closer.

She took a long look at them, "Where are you rings?" She looked at their hands and necks, all he saw was a really bad ring and necklace tan.

"Gone," Ruy said, "Trashed and smashed."

Glimmer smiled at them and he was confused when she showed them a tanned finger too. A dawning look went over Alvar's face, "That's how they were controlling us." He stated, and Ruy and Glimmer shared a look.

"Congrats, you were officially the last to find out!" Glimmer said sarcastically.

"That's why when I took it off," He continued, ignoring what she said, "It was cursing me and I went into a trance. Why I wasn't in control of my body and why I suddenly feel guilty. I--," Fitz didn't let him finish, sneering in his direction.

"Do you actually believe his bull crap? It's Alvar. He's a skilled liar, you can't believe him. And it makes zero sense!"

"Actually, it makes so, so, so much sense. It explains so much." Said Edaline, "And seeing Sophie clutching that book like so...she was onto something. This explains everything perfectly."

"What do you mean, Eda?" Asked Grady, she smiled at him.

"I read the books she was pouring over," She broke off, reaching over and grabbing the book out of Sophie's arms. Flipping to a page titled Erilea, turning to the gnome, "Correct me if I am wrong, but you traveled here, right?"