IX || the landing

Ten friends were scattered throughout a strange land in pairs of twos. The fae they were sent to looked at them in shock and disbelief. They demanded what the kids were doing there, and they all said the same thing, "We are here to warn everyone. Maeve is alive."

//

Tam hit the ground with as much grace as possible, rolling out of the way before Glimmer could crush him. She screeched, "Ow! A gentleman would have caught me, or at least broken my fall!"

He ignored her and looked around the room they were in. He met the eyes of an intimidating looking man with long onyx hair, and matching onyx eyes--his face seemed to be permanently morphed into a scowl. Next to the man was a lovely lady. A lovely pregnant lady. She shared his features, but everything about her was lighter than him.

While he was in his daze the man demanded, "Who are you?" He seemed ten times more scary than he did a few minutes before.

Glimmer put her hands up in mock surrender, "We mean you no harm," She said, extending her olive branch, "I'm Glimmer and that's Tam. We were traveling with a group of friends--we were going to Aelin Galathynius' castle. It seems we were dropped off here instead."

The lady appeared to open up more to them, "I am Elide Lochan, Lady of Peranth. And my husband, Lorcan. I hope you are pleased to know that you aren't far from the palace, we are in Terrasen--where the Aelin you speak of rules over. We can help you, but we need a reason why."

Tam shared a look with Glimmer, and all she did was shrug. "Don't worry, Tammy. I got this, Sophie is always a step ahead." She whispered in his ear.

"I only know the barest of details, we weren't supposed to be seperated from my friends. I know very little, but she told me that you would want to hear what we have to say."

The lord growled, "Well, get on with it."

"She told me to say that someone is back. That we are here to warn everyone. Maeve is alive."

The lord rolled his eyes, saying that Aelin's pranks were getting lame. "Believe me or not, but I speak the truth. If you do not believe me, then look at this ring and the scar it left.

Both lord and lady lost all the color that was in their already pale faces. Then the lord laughed, "She obviously had Lysandra's friend make that for you, and had Fenrys drop you off." He barks, "The Maeve you speak of is dead, I saw her draw her last breath with my own two eyes."

"And that's what she wanted you to believe!" Glimmer yelled, "Does she or does she not have the ability of illusions."

No one talked for a while, "Show me that ring."

When Glimmer dug it out of her pocket, a surge of darkness surged forward. Tam and the lord cursed, "How did you get this?"

"Allow me to properly introduce ourselves," She told them, "We are elves, and we have a war going on. I was on the wrong side, and was given that ring. The lady who gave it to me was pale, onyx haired, and violet eyed--Maeve.

"When I managed to get the ring off everything came back to me. My past, my feelings, my will." Her voice hitched, "Sophie, the girl I've been talking about helped me through it--I owe her my life. She's a special elf, biologically engineered with a lot more power than anyone can even fathom. She teleported us here, to this specific spot, so there has to be a reason.

"All I know is that you're all going to help us. You have to. This is your demon, from your world, so it's your fault." Glimmer started the lord and lady down.

"Gods, you remind me so much of the younger version of Aelin." He groaned into his hands, his lady elbowed him. All he did was give her a devilish grin, "Am I wrong?"