XIV || the cache

"Tell Oralie that we are in Elysian."

//

Right now, more than ever, Sophie wanted to curse all the people who never specified their words. And it's not like she could yell at Kenric to come back and finish his sentence clearly, because he was gone.

His spirit had vanished from the room and she felt it. There was a lack of the warmth that she had felt with his presence, it was cold in the room again. And she shivered because she was in a crappy t-shirt that she had stored in the void.

"Girl," Said Lorcan, he was being a moody bastard again, "Tell us what in the rutting hells you and that man were talking about."

She needed someone to look at to tell her what to do, but she couldn't trust the opinion of anyone in the room. And it didn't help that Tam and Glimmer weren't with her, they were the ones that she could trust the most. But no, she just had to provoke Tam into actually doing as she said.

Sophie told him–and Glimmer–as they walked out of the throne room that they should get some peace and quiet. Or maybe not that quiet while they did other things...

With a sigh, she decided to tell them the truth because there was no point in being secretive, and the others would tell her not to say anything and that made her want to say it all the more.

"As you very well know, he is dead." Everyone scoffed at her, "His death was a confusing one, my people ruled it as an accident because we couldn't tell the people the truth–and because we didn't, they decided that we ourselves didn't need to know the facts of his death. But as a Councillor, he had a cache that held all the memories that would get in the way while he was at work. If he is telling me to get it...then we're kinda freaking screwed."

She glared at Keefe to signify her point.

The irritating blonde balked at her accusation, "Don't give me that look, Sophie, you know that it was either you, me, and the cache or just me and the cach–"

He was cut off by Ruy, "A cache? You mean something like this?"

Then he went and whispered a word that was too soft for anyone to hear, and a marble-like thing dropped in the palm of his hand. A cache. A very familiar cache that just had to be Kenric's.

"How did you get that?" Keefe and Sophie demanded him at the same time. They locked eyes, but she looked away first, there was a heat in his gaze that she just couldn't bear to feel.

"The Neverseen has a conjurer, they made a void for us. I almost forgot we were still linked to it. Vesp–Maeve made a mistake I guess." A small dimple appeared on his face.

Sophie let out an undignified shriek, "Oh my gods!" She rushed over to the silver eyed boy and kissed his cheek, "You are a lifesaver! This means that we won't need to go back to the Lost Cities and I won't have to see her!"

Ruy remained still for a while after she backed away from him, and if she wasn't imagining things, he had a small blush on his cheeks.

Everyone in the room was still too, like her kissing him or her being happy in general was something to be shocked about. But that didn't explain the faes stares at her, especially the wolf shifter who's eyes never left her once.

The gorgeous queen snapped out of her daze first, "I think you still might have to get her because the man wanted you to tell her something, maybe saying it will allow her to regain some memories like the ones hidden in his 'cache' thing. Also I think you all should bring everyone you care about here so that Maeve can't do anything to them."

Sophie took this into consideration, but when she opened her mouth someone beat her to it. And Ruy did have a point, "If we bring that many people here, Maeve will notice, and then she will strike. Because not to boast on their part," He looked at them, "Their parents are the most powerful and well known people in the Lost Cities. She will take this as a sign of weakness and then she is also smart enough to find her way back here."