CHAPTER 23

I'm here to serve you with
Reckless 2 V.20. Kidding XD

Byul - Italicized
Jin - Bold

~~~~~~
Chapter 23

He looks at his son. 

His son. 

He is his father. How loathsome these people can be?

"The person behind this clearly wanted to weaken the partnership between our companies. They made this news even before you could announce your relationship."

They're clearly heartless. They even used Woojin for their selfish intentions. 

Do they think they'll choose the company and make a false identity of their son? They are taking their relationship lightly.

"But the easiest way to counter this is to make the real fiance show up."

Mr. Kim suggests.

"They clearly did not research her. Well, she's really good at hiding. They might be thinking that I am really her fiance and Jin just knocked me up. They think it will prevent us from announcing the truth and will eventually restrict our partnership. Agh. These old farts. No wonder their companies are really not worth our time. Instead of focusing on business they spend more time gossiping and making up stories."

Why does he feel that there are a lot of things he doesn't know, especially about Byul?

"Byul, will you really be comfortable in revealing who she is?"

He is just silently listening as Mr. Kim and Byul continuously talk.

"I guess I need to work earlier than I expected. This sucks. We just had a sweet vacation."

Byul on the other hand appears to be calm but he can feel how slowly a storm is brewing inside her.

"I'm glad to know that you had a great time."

She looks at the two precious beings beside her.

"I hope you too are. I won't let you see your grandson if you're still sulking."

Mr. Kim chuckles. In the midst of this tension, he is delighted to talk to his daughter again like how she was with him before everything went downhill.

"I've missed you. Even your mom. We'll just solve this little problem then I'll see you."

He says softly.

"Yeah. I'll see you soon dad. Take care."

What am I doing all this time? Why does it feel that dad knows more about her than I do?

"There are a lot of things that I don't know."

She gets his hand, rubbing it to soothe his budding anxiety.

"You'll know them soon. I promise. Don't be too worried Jin."

Trying to not get affected by the feeling of being lost, he thinks of another detail in the scandal that they should also pay attention to.

"I thought the security and confidentiality of your residence is tight. How did the media manage to find your place?"

She lays her head on his shoulder as she tells him about the house.

"Guess it's not as safe as before. I'm not planning to stay there for too long but it's one of the properties that my mom's parents wanted to give me. I just granted them one of their wishes. Maybe it isn't that private anymore since their influence has weakened."

Recalling the investigation he did when she left, the only available information he got was about Ms. Moon's properties and all of those are what she acquired when she returned to Korea.