CHAPTER 26

This is going to be long. I just type out all the words I could and tadaa. 5k+ words. Bear with it since all the explanation on the Moons' side is here. This is the Reckless 3 y'all. Everything before this is just a prologue. This is where the essence of the three books is.

Italicized texts are flashbacks and Bold ones are Jin's thoughts..

~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 26

They went to Byul's house, the one where they were living before reporters found out about it.

"I grew up in this house."

She says as they settle themselves at the dining table.

"Did Byul grow up here as well?"

Really Jin? You have a child together and it's the first time you ask about her childhood?

"She doesn't. She was born in Switzerland."

What's in Switzerland? 

"Oh."

It's a piece of her that was untold to him and he thought didn't matter before but it isn't really a surprise since she has a special preference for the place. 

Ms. Moon smiles kindly.

"Aren't you wondering how she was as a child?"

He is imagining how lovable the little Byul was.

The images he formed in his mind melt his heart and he is considering having a daughter someday.

"Of course I do. Most of the time, Woojin's behavior isn't like mine so maybe his personality is like hers."

The tenderness in the woman's face is much visible at the mention of the two who she loves the most.

"They are really similar. Our precious boy. Though he looks like you with Byulie's eyes, he acts like her in many aspects."

She looks nostalgic remembering the younger days of her daughter, when the world had not yet stolen her innocence.

She knows all of her struggles and her fear as a mother and when their son was almost exposed to the spiteful reality they are in.

"I'm glad he is. He'll surely grow kindhearted and resilient like his mom."

She can see the adoration that this young man has for her daughter. And she's eternally grateful to her best friend. Still looking out for her even now that she's in a different place.

"I've heard you already know the past that your mom and I shared?"

He waited for too long for this moment to happen. And finally, tonight, he will hear the story from her perspective. 

"I do know that you're really her best friend but that's all."

Sitting up straight, she begins.

"I'll tell you what our friendship was like."

Flashback..

Choi Jiwoo and Moon Jiwon. Two names that were really popular anywhere they went. Not only because of their stunning beauty but also because of their intelligence. They both came from wealthy and influential families. They were almost like sisters, almost grew up together and did things together.

Choi Jiwoo was a calm breeze. The one that you'd want to feel during a hot sunny day, refreshing to look at, making you feel comfortable the first time you meet her. Jiwon, on the other hand, was a fierce wave, the one you'd like to surf on, making you anxious yet excited the first time you meet her.