chapter ten

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍.

𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐈𝐓.

SUNGHOON STOOD THERE WITH HIS HANDS CLASPED TOGETHER, NERVOUSLY PACING BACK AND FORTH IN HIS SKATES. Today was the dreaded day of the competition, and it was an understatement to say Sunghoon was absolutely terrified. 

It wasn't like Sunghoon had competed in a competition before; this wasn't it at all. He had competed in countless figure-skating competitions, and nonetheless, he aced them all. He was perfectly fine with going out on the rink and skating to his heart content; rather, it was something else that made his heart race. 

But currently, he was under immense pressure. He felt the pounding pressure to do well since his friends here were sitting in the audience in the bleachers, watching his every move like a hawk. Not to mention, this was one of the biggest figure skating competitions of the year. If he didn't do well in this competition, he might not make it to any of the competitions in the future. 

"Sunghoon Hyung, why are you so tense?" a younger boy, Nishimura Riki, also goes by Niki, questioned the elder as he scooted past. Niki took a step forward and grabbed Sunghoons shoulders, shaking them abruptly. 

"Loosen up a little. What's gotten you so nervous?" Niki let out a small laugh, trying to calm Sunghoon down. But, Sunghoon only wore a weary but tight smile on his face before letting out a sigh and sitting on a stray, plastic chair. 

"Everything. I'm tired; I'm hot. I want to go home, but I have to go out on the rink, and I don't even know if I'm going to do well." Sunghoon sighed as he rested his elbows against his knees, leaning forward. 

This was also a fact, and something Sunghoon had secretly been stressing over for the past two weeks. Sunghoon is a naturally-gifted skater and is exceptionally good at what he does; he's unstoppable on the ice and an absolute machine. He could do a whole routine filled with the most complex spins and twirls with his eyes closed. 

However, these days, he's been finding himself becoming incredibly distracted. Maybe it was the increase in training, or maybe he was losing his senses? Maybe he had been doing this for too long, and he was finding himself burnt out. But these days, he hasn't been as nimble on the ice as he would be, making a lot more mistakes and slipping up often. It wasn't like Sunghoon, and it got even worse as the training became more difficult. 

"Sunghoon Hyung. You have to snap out of it." Niki reassured him, clicking his fingers together. "You gotta stay focused, okay? You'll be on soon, and I know you'll do great!" he stuck a thumbs up at the elder, Sunghoon feeling himself relax a bit. 

"Ha. Yeah. You're right." Sunghoon shook his head as he wiggled his shoulders, rolling his wrists as he tried to shake off the nerves. He winced as he turned his head to the side, his arms relaxing to his sides as he felt something vibrate near him. His eyes fixed on something rectangular, sitting on one of the green plastic chairs, dotted around backstage. He gulped as he realised it was his phone.

Biting down on his lip, the events that occurred moments before came rushing back through his mind as he let out a shaky sigh. 

Now all he could imagine was his friends sitting in the crowd, holding up a banner and cheering him on. Heeseung and Sunoo. But that wasn't all that scared him―it was the smaller brunette with a striking appearance. 

But as his name called for him to go up on the rink, he decided to put that all behind him and man up. He wasn't going to focus on the negative or how bad he was doing. He was going to put on a confident front. Even if he made a mistake or two, he would make it confidently, which would hopefully downplay the mistake. 

He followed the staff as he was guided towards the rink, finding himself on the rink within the blink of an eye. He skated to the middle where he would start his performance; the sounds of the crowd roared as it rushed through his ears, his heart thumping hard against his chest. And as the melodic sounds of the music blared out of the speakers, he glided across the ice, as graceful as a swan. 

The situation had sunk in, but as soon as the music began, Sunghoon was back on track. 

NOTE!━━━━━━━━━

NOTE!━━━━━━━━━

AYO WRITTEN CHAPTER AND
FINALLY AN UPDATE?? its kinda
a filler tho and short then the 
kind of stuff im used to writing
LMAOO :p

i'm just glad i finally found some
time to write something 😩

anyway hope you enjoyed !!
have a good day/night<33

━━━━━━━━━ 📸🍜 ₊ ˚ ☆