chapter eighteen

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍.

𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐇𝐈𝐌.

THE PAIR SETTLED ON WATCHING IT; DESPITE THE TWO OF THEM HAVING WATCHED BOTH MOVIES IN THE PAST, IT WAS TOO GOOD TO PASS UP. The pair were surrounded by an abundance of snacks; popcorn, chips, jellies and candies galore that they were mindlessly stuffing inside their mouths as their eyes were glued to the screen. 

Sunghoon grabbed a jelly snake in his hand and chomped down on it. Out of the two, he was the one who was the most immersed in the movie, despite not even liking horror movies that much. But there was something about this movie that hit close to him; he loved every aspect, and he has no idea how many times he has watched this movie. 

Even if it was close to a million, the jumpscares always got them every single time. 

Sunghoon watched as one of the characters, Richie, approached a brown coffin in front of him. Its front was open wide as a poster with his face on it was plastered across the inside. The casket was surrounded by a crowd of disturbingly scary-looking clown dolls. Sunghoon shivered when he noticed one of the clown's heads move to watch Richie walking towards the coffin through stiff, robotic movements. What was notably disturbing about this scene was that his face was on a missing poster, with the word 'FOUND' written along the inside in big, red letters. 

Sunghoon gulped as he watched Richie draw closer to the coffin, sinking deeper into the couch as he braced himself for any scares that may arise in the movie. He tensed up and munched on a mouthful of popcorn as Richie looked inside the coffin, seeing a small body covered by a thin, black veil. 

Sunghoon's eyes widened as he watched Richie take the thin cloth up, wincing when he saw a doll of Richie himself inside the coffin, its cheeks filled with maggots as the larvae began to eat away at the flesh. 

"Gross." Jake from beside him shuddered, which made Sunghoon glance towards him. That was his first mistake, as he looked back at the television screen seeing Pennywise jump up on top of the coffin, giving him the scare of his life. 

Sunghoon let out a strangled scream as he flung himself back onto the couch, his hands grabbing at the first thing he could find, which just happened to be Jake's thigh. 

That was his second mistake. Curled into the couch with one hand squeezing Jake's thigh and his other hand blocking his vision as he had his eyes squeezed shut, he tried to take deep breaths to calm him down. 

Jake, on the other hand, was more shocked than anything. He felt his cheeks heat up as his gaze switched from Sunghoon's hand to the shaking Sunghoon who was cowering in the corner. He tried to not make it obvious that he was slightly freaked out by the sudden contact from the latter.