Heartbeat

Fluff / SweetnessThere's one sure thing that puts him to sleep

Word count: 432

Heartbeat

His right ear was pressed right to her naked chest, listening to her gentle beat while staying silent, focusing on nothing more than the soothing harmony that resonated beneath her breast.

He couldn't sleep; He never could without difficulty, and it felt as though it had always been that way. He'd gotten so used to the sleepless nights, by then it just felt natural.

For as long as he could remember, there hadn't been a moment where he could easily fall into slumber, even during his time as a porter.

Even while dog tired and exhausted, he found it difficult to just rest.

His palm fell over her navel, before slowly tailing up, molding the curve of her other breast with tenderness before finding home there, his touch lasting as a smile graced him.

Her heartbeat reminded him that he had his special someone.

- Someone who yearned for him

- Someone who waited for him day in and out, and always seemed ecstatic to find him back home.

He had someone who loved him without a single bit of doubt wedged between the gentle pulses, and he wondered if she ever found the same peace with him.

Did she feel the same safety and ease, or was it all just one-sided?

Truthfully, he was convinced he needed her far more than she needed him, and he was certain she could tell by his insistent touches and desperate desire to be close.

During her sleep her hands moved, soon finding his head before resting there, lovingly holding him by gently cradling him in a nurturing manner that lulled him and silently pleading him to join her in the same resting state.

A little smile then took over him, and during then, he closed his glistening blue eyes, softly huffing out a little breath while hoping she wouldn't wake from the drops that had spilled on her (s/c) colored flesh.

There was a small ache in his chest, but he welcomed it, accepting it as more evidence of his joy, the man musing over the fact that before then, he's never cried of joy.

Before her, his tears were of nothing but sorrow and rage, all of which fed his torment.

With a soft smile, he breathed out her name, not wanting a response, not needing a single utter back, instead, simply focusing on the feel of her body, the enticing beat of her heart, and overall the presence of her and the love she provided him, all at once.

'What would I do without you?' He wondered before closing his eyes.

- See he's not always a Jerk